Installed Wordpress over the top of phpbb

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Funk Theory

Installed Wordpress over the top of phpbb

Post by Funk Theory » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:54 pm

Hi, so i decided to install wordpress on the same website as my forum, i didnt realise that wordpress took presidence and i know i shouldnt of installed it in the same directory now :( so i have gone into the dbase and deleted any tables related to wordpress and the files from ftp for wordpress but i cant get the forum back even though its still 'there' in background. Any ideas please? thanks

</Solidjeuh>
Name: Andy Dm

Re: Installed Wordpress over the top of phpbb

Post by </Solidjeuh> » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:28 pm

Funk Theory wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:54 pm
Hi, so i decided to install wordpress on the same website as my forum, i didnt realise that wordpress took presidence and i know i shouldnt of installed it in the same directory now :( so i have gone into the dbase and deleted any tables related to wordpress and the files from ftp for wordpress but i cant get the forum back even though its still 'there' in background. Any ideas please? thanks
Re-upload the phpBB files. Wordpress has overwritten some files from phpBB.
Last edited by </Solidjeuh> on Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Register a free account & Play!!
~~~ https://www.solidjeuh.be ~~~

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:28 pm

wordpress uses a index.php file as does phpbb. most likely you overwrote the phpbb index file with the wordpress one.

upload a fresh copy of the phpbb index.php file from your computer to overwrite the one there and see if that fixes it.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

Funk Theory

Post by Funk Theory » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:10 am

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:28 pm
wordpress uses a index.php file as does phpbb. most likely you overwrote the phpbb index file with the wordpress one.

upload a fresh copy of the phpbb index.php file from your computer to overwrite the one there and see if that fixes it.

robert
Amazing, works a treat , thank you so much :)

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”