Problem with upgrade from 3.0.x to 3.2.x -[SOLVED]

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
janus_zonstraal

Re: Problem with upgrade from 3.0.x to 3.2.x

Post by janus_zonstraal » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:31 am

What is the table prefix from your live board, you didn't mention it.
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!

Arclon

Post by Arclon » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:49 am

both(live and clone) have the same prefix : bb_
Just placed in different databases

Just wonder - should they be renamed to phpbb_ :?: :idea: Does it matter?
Last edited by Arclon on Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:51 am

You can try it.
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!

warmweer

Post by warmweer » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:48 am

I have a feeling the problem is caused by the way the board, clone and STK are installed. The Instalatron is something designed by your host and only they know how it's configured. The problem you have with the bb_tables being recognised as extra tables is because the STK does not expect those tables being in the database, probably because it expects a different table prefix. (years ago when I had used the STK, it was on a copy of the live database, but with each table replicated using a different prefix; so the STK message was correct but caused no problems).

In this case using the Installatron seems to have unexpected results, and is a reason why support for those installations is not (able to be) given.

My suggestion: (first take a backup of everything) install a new phpBB 3.0.14 as recommended by phpBB, import your current database into it. Verify that it is in working order. Take a full backup. And then try to upgrade as per instructions from phpBB.

Should you by any stroke of luck do know how to work with a personal webserver (or are willing to try), have a look at USBWebserver (use https://www.usbwebserver.net/webserver/ version 8.6). It will allow upgrading to 3.2.4 (of that I'm certain, done it 10+ times) on your PC after which you can transfer back to online.
The year is 2192. The British Prime Minister visits Brussels to ask for an extension of the Brexit deadline. No one remembers where this tradition originated, but every year it attracts many tourists from all over the world.

Arclon

Post by Arclon » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:58 pm

Can be I will have to give it a try, as You described.
Just to be clear.
Forum was created and already upgraded host Installatron.
I've used it also for cloning and backup.
STK and upgrade procedure I did without it, "manually" ;) ...

I was able to make upgrade on test forum. I had to rename the tables prefix from bb_ to phpbb_
Thank You all who help me. I do appreciate.

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”