Permissions review / overview

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
warmweer

Re: Permissions review / overview

Post by warmweer » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:25 pm

Brf wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:52 pm
One other type is "Can download" and "Can Upload".
A user needs "Yes" permissions in both Global User permissions and Forum permissions, so essentially a "No" in either overrides the "Yes" in the other.
ah, another little quirk.
Thanks, I get it and it seems logical but would probably only notice the "conflict" when assigning those specific permissions (I've never had the need to up to now).
Updating my little notebook manual at the moment. (Well, not really but I will as soon as I finish what I'm doing now ;) ).
My board's not broken, it just went peculiar

NeedToKnow

Re: Permissions review / overview

Post by NeedToKnow » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:30 am

Brf wrote:
warmweer wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:56 am
Global Moderation Yes overrides a Forum Moderation Never. This is one exception to the rule about Nevers overriding Yeses. The other exception is Founders. If a user is marked as a Founder on their User Administration Overview page, they will be granted All of the Global Administrator permissions, overriding any No or Never settings given to that user or his user groups.[/b]
These two are correct.

One other type is "Can download" and "Can Upload".
A user needs "Yes" permissions in both Global User permissions and Forum permissions, so essentially a "No" in either overrides the "Yes" in the other.
Thanks for that. These things are good to know.

Brf wrote:
NeedToKnow wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:10 am
I think my wish list would include the ability to 'unassign' a role from a user, group, or forum. If a role is assigned unintentionally or experimentally, I can find no way to remove it. Change it, yes; remove it entirely, no.
You either assign a different role to that user or group, or go into Advanced and set separate permissions. You can also assign "All No", which "resets" that permission set to "default", which is the same as "Not Set"
Ah ha! I was afraid to set it to all one way or another for fear of disabling a user or granting too much.

Thanks again.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”