Extension enable = Forum blow up

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
l337neteng

Extension enable = Forum blow up

Post by l337neteng » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:15 am

Hi,

My PHPBB3 has been upgraded to the newest version for quiet a while and yesterday while in ACP I noticed one of my added extensions (Post per page by Elsense, I think) was not turned on so I turned it on, saved, and boom.. immediately got the following page error I cannot figure out how to overcome.

I have not been able get past this error page to do anything or try any fixes.

I tried deleting the extensions folder hoping it would ignore it but it has still not worked. I also replaced the Vendor folder per a fix I found via Google search..nothing.

I also ran a Notepad ++ compare using my working backup version vs the files listed below and they come back as the same.

Any ideas would be MUCH appreciated!!

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 444: include([ROOT]/vendor/composer/../ocramius/proxy-manager/src/ProxyManager/GeneratorStrategy/EvaluatingGeneratorStrategy.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 444: include(): Failed opening '[ROOT]/vendor/composer/../ocramius/proxy-manager/src/ProxyManager/GeneratorStrategy/EvaluatingGeneratorStrategy.php' for inclusion (include_path='C:/xampp/php/PEAR')

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'ProxyManager\GeneratorStrategy\EvaluatingGeneratorStrategy' not found in C:\xampp\htdocs\myprofaneurl.com\public_html\phpBB3\phpbb\di\proxy_instantiator.php:51 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\myprofaneurl.com\public_html\phpBB3\phpbb\di\container_builder.php(504): phpbb\di\proxy_instantiator->__construct('./cache/product...') #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\myprofaneurl.com\public_html\phpBB3\phpbb\di\container_builder.php(174): phpbb\di\container_builder->create_container(Array) #2 C:\xampp\htdocs\myprofaneurl.com\public_html\phpBB3\phpbb\di\container_builder.php(419): phpbb\di\container_builder->get_container() #3 C:\xampp\htdocs\myprofaneurl.com\public_html\phpBB3\phpbb\di\container_builder.php(165): phpbb\di\container_builder->load_extensions() #4 C:\xampp\htdocs\myprofaneurl.com\public_html\phpBB3\common.php(115): phpbb\di\container_builder->get_container() #5 C:\xampp\htdocs\myprofaneurl.com\public_html\phpBB3\index.php(23): include('C:\\ in C:\xampp\htdocs\myprofaneurl.com\public_html\phpBB3\phpbb\di\proxy_instantiator.php on line 51
Last edited by l337neteng on Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

l337neteng

Re: Extension enable = Forum blow up

Post by l337neteng » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:19 am

Let me be clear, nothing was moved, deleted, or anything. I simply enable in the control panel, saved, and boom.

Also, I didn't want to post my exact URL as it is vulgar and I didn't want to offend anyone but PM me and I will be happy to provide this.

Thanks everyone.

janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:10 am

Try to delete/rename your vendor folder and upload it again.

Or you can try this
https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... s-at-once/
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!

david63
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:51 am

janus_zonstraal wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:10 am
Try to delete/rename your vendor folder and upload it again.

Or you can try this
https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... s-at-once/
That will not work if the ext folder has been deleted
l337neteng wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:15 am
I tried deleting the extensions folder hoping it would ignore it but it has still not worked.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

l337neteng

Post by l337neteng » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:23 am

Hi do you mean to replace the folder with the one in my backup Xampp installation?

janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:38 am

l337neteng wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:23 am
Hi do you mean to replace the folder with the one in my backup Xampp installation?
yes, you can't just remove a folder, so place it back and run the script from my post

l337neteng

Post by l337neteng » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:07 am

TYVM. I will try this today.

l337neteng

Post by l337neteng » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:51 pm

Sorry for the late reply.

I actually replaced the entire website folder off of the htdocs root and when I do, and restart Apache, MySQL, everything comes up. However, any time I try and enable or disable ANY extension, it crashes with the same error.

I even did the above to get the website back up and ran the disable all script..same thing.

I don't get it.

Any ideas on this whole thing?

janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:24 am

Did you replace the vendor folder with a fresh one?

l337neteng

Post by l337neteng » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:14 am

Hi,

Ya I replaced the entire folder for the website with an old backup into the c:\xampp\htdocs folder which included that folder.

janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:00 am

Download a fresh packed here.
rename te vendor folder on the server
upload the fresh vendor folder
purge the cache

Don't work with old backups,

l337neteng

Post by l337neteng » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:56 am

HI,

Ok here was what I did:
1. Renamed the vendor folder
2. Downloaded the newest version off the main download page.
3. Simply opened the ZIP file and extracted the Vendor folder only to the folder where the old Vendor existed.
4. Purged the Cache.

When I pull the website up I get the following errors at the top of the main page where the header would be:

Was extracting the Vendor folder out of the ZIP file the correct method for the folder replacement or is there another issue going on?

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/zendframework/zend-stdlib/src/ArrayObject.php on line 426: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"?
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/zendframework/zend-code/src/Reflection/MethodReflection.php on line 272: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"?
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/zendframework/zend-code/src/Reflection/MethodReflection.php on line 275: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"?
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/zendframework/zend-code/src/Reflection/MethodReflection.php on line 281: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"?
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/zendframework/zend-code/src/Reflection/MethodReflection.php on line 287: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"?
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/zendframework/zend-code/src/Reflection/MethodReflection.php on line 296: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"?
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/zendframework/zend-code/src/Reflection/MethodReflection.php on line 314: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"?
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/zendframework/zend-code/src/Reflection/MethodReflection.php on line 319: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"?

3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:04 am

Be sure you are running PHP max. 7.2.xx.

PHP 7.3 is not supported on 3.2.xx series.
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx.
Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user
Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
👨‍🏫 | Take a tour to | The Studio | 👨‍🏫

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”