Avatar Resize on upload - Extension phpBB3 - 3.2.8

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
mack the knife

Avatar Resize on upload - Extension phpBB3 - 3.2.8

Post by mack the knife » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:01 am

Hi guys,

I tried posting in the extensions section but there was no way to post a new topic there, so I'm posting here instead.

Can anyone using the extension 'Avatar Resize on upload' confirm it works using 3.2.8 ?

viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2459751

It's not listed as an official extension and still in RC mode.

Last update was 15th Feb 2018

from github...

https://github.com/GerB/avatarresize

I'm very interested in this and would like to to give it a try. It does not appear to be a straight forward extension to add with some coding changes need to be applied to phpBB3 from what I have read there.

Cheers,

Mack

PS: Adding an avatar with auto resizing for visitors who have no knowledge of using photo editing software looks like a great feature.

If it not an official extension still in RC mode is there one fully supported by phpBB3 that works without any editing of files using the latest 3.2.8 version?

NB: Just upgraded from 3.0.14 to 3.2.8 so I'm still experimenting with what the latest version can do.

david63
Name: David Wood

Re: Avatar Resize on upload - Extension phpBB3 - 3.2.8

Post by david63 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:42 am

mack the knife wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:01 am
I tried posting in the extensions section but there was no way to post a new topic there,
Why are you trying to post a new topic? There is a support topic that is open for replies for this extension and that is where you should post this question.

The author of this extension is very active on this board and if you post there he will answer you.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

mack the knife

Re: Avatar Resize on upload - Extension phpBB3 - 3.2.8

Post by mack the knife » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:52 am

Thanks, David,

Apologies for posting the question here.

I've now posted it in the relevant extensions section.

Mods, please feel free to delete this topic here and apologies again.

Cheers,

Mack

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”