[RC] Element for phpBB 3.3.11

For style authors to post and receive feedback on 3.3.x styles still in development. Any development styles you wish to use on your live board should be installed with caution!
spaceace

Re: [RC] Element for phpBB 3.3.0

Post by spaceace »

Fezroux wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:18 pm how do you widen this style? I'd like there to be less space on either side. I'm guessing the change has to be made in common.css somewhere?
correct ;)

change the max-width: 1152px; to whatever width you want or remove that line to make it the full width of the browser

Code: Select all

.wrap {
    margin: 0 auto;
    max-width: 1152px;
    min-width: 625px;
    padding: 10px 15px 15px 15px;
}
don't forget to purge browser and board cache to see the change
erelash_mf
Name: ERA

Post by erelash_mf »

Fezroux wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:18 pm Beautiful style! Finally something modern that doesn't make phpBB look so archaic.

Anyway, how do you widen this style? I'd like there to be less space on either side. I'm guessing the change has to be made in common.css somewhere?

Thanks in advance.
Hello

viewtopic.php?t=2464736
Fezroux

Post by Fezroux »

Thanks for both of your replies. That's actually what I did but couldn't get the changes to take effect so I figured I'd ask to make sure I was doing it right. Unfortunately it still doesn't work. I tried viewing the style using two different desktop computers with two different browsers on each and still nothing. I cleared the cache in both the ACP, and the browsers as well. I'm not saying this style is at fault as it's likely an issue on my end. I just wanted to confirm I was making the proper edit. I'll keep messing around with it. Thanks again!
erelash_mf

Post by erelash_mf »

Fezroux wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:54 am Thanks for both of your replies. That's actually what I did but couldn't get the changes to take effect so I figured I'd ask to make sure I was doing it right. Unfortunately it still doesn't work. I tried viewing the style using two different desktop computers with two different browsers on each and still nothing. I cleared the cache in both the ACP, and the browsers as well. I'm not saying this style is at fault as it's likely an issue on my end. I just wanted to confirm I was making the proper edit. I'll keep messing around with it. Thanks again!
Use New Incognito window then go your forum.

Something similar happened to me
Attachments
11111.png
11111.png (7.16 KiB) Viewed 4500 times
spaceace

Post by spaceace »

Fezroux wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:54 am Thanks for both of your replies. That's actually what I did but couldn't get the changes to take effect so I figured I'd ask to make sure I was doing it right. Unfortunately it still doesn't work. I tried viewing the style using two different desktop computers with two different browsers on each and still nothing. I cleared the cache in both the ACP, and the browsers as well. I'm not saying this style is at fault as it's likely an issue on my end. I just wanted to confirm I was making the proper edit. I'll keep messing around with it. Thanks again!
i can confirm that what i posted works. i downloaded this style and put it on one of my dev sites and removed max-width: 1152px; from line 145 in common.css, purged board cache and ctrl-f5 refresh on chrome and it was full browser window width. you can see it here http://www.styles.livemembersonly.com/index.php?. you have to select element in the style selector on the right side of the header navbar ;)

if you are still having issues, shoot me a PM and i will help you get it sorted ;)
Fezroux

Post by Fezroux »

I tried all the usual tricks/fixes multiple times and still nothing. Well just about nothing. It actually went to full width once last night but then returned to the default width and has stayed there. It's a caching issue on my end I'm assuming but what's causing it remains a mystery. It's definitely not that big of a deal. I'll wait a few days to see if it fixes itself as the changes are there, they're just not displaying for me. If I want to pursue it further, I'll send you a PM. Thanks for the offer. :)
jrolson

Post by jrolson »

ACP -> Sever configuration -> Load settings -> Recompile stale style components
You could try turning this on...

Also sometimes it takes 2 clicks in a row of the reload button in your browser for it to actually refresh the cache. ;)
erelash_mf

Post by erelash_mf »

jrolson wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:29 am ACP -> Sever configuration -> Load settings -> Recompile stale style components

Also sometimes it takes 2 clicks in a row of the reload button in your browser for it to actually refresh the cache. ;)
Help me

Image[/img]
jrolson

Post by jrolson »

Your pics are blocked erelash_mf

Check your permissions.
erelash_mf

Post by erelash_mf »

jrolson wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:51 pm Your pics are blocked erelash_mf

Check your permissions.
How to do not move sideways (left, right) on Mobile version.

Fezroux

Post by Fezroux »

jrolson wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:29 am ACP -> Sever configuration -> Load settings -> Recompile stale style components

Thanks for the reply. Recompile stale style components is already turned on. I tried everything I could think of multiple times. The only conclusion I could come up with is that it had something to do with my ISP/IP address which is why the problem exists on all the computers in my home. When I view the style via proxy server, VPN, remote website screen capture, the changes are there.

The reason I use past tense is because It dawned on me while making this post what the problem most likely was... Cloudflare! I turned it off and sure enough all the changes I made to this style appeared. I have two message boards I operate, and forgot I'm still using Cloudflare on the one I installed this style on. I stopped using it on my other board as the service doesn't work well with phpBB.

So there's the answer. Hopefully this helps someone else who's experiencing the same thing. :)
jrolson

Post by jrolson »

erelash_mf wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:42 pm How to do not move sideways (left, right) on Mobile version.
This is caused by a fix I made for a bug in IE & Edge but now created a new bug in Safari..

Can't all browsers just get along? :roll:
Guess I will have to find a different solution...
erelash_mf

Post by erelash_mf »

jrolson wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:33 am
erelash_mf wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:42 pm How to do not move sideways (left, right) on Mobile version.
This is caused by a fix I made for a bug in IE & Edge but now created a new bug in Safari..

Can't all browsers just get along? :roll:
Guess I will have to find a different solution...
Same Safari and Google chrome.

I want to ask you something else. Is it possible to light mode add on element style?
If possible, please tell me how to add :-)
jrolson

Post by jrolson »

Element 1.1.3 released

*mobile bugs killed.
*misc. other bugs eliminated.

erelash_mf

Post by erelash_mf »

jrolson wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:08 am Element 1.1.3 released

*mobile bugs killed.