[3.2][3.3][RC] Userreminder

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Mike-on-Tour
Name: Michael

Re: [3.2][3.3][RC] Userreminder

Post by Mike-on-Tour »

Version 1.2.0 is available now for download through the link in the original post.
This version includes the following changes:
  • Switched all ACP templates to TWIG syntax
  • Rebuilt js and css by transferring js code into 'admin_mot_userreminder.js', css definitions into 'admin_mot_userreminder.css'
  • js and css files are only included in 'settings_module.html' now, no longer through 'adm/style/event/*' everywhere
  • The directory 'adm/style/event' and all its files have been removed from the extension
  • It is now possible to save the e-mail text without doing the preview before
  • Edited e-mail texts are no longer saved in the text file but in a config_text variable
  • Since edited files are now stored in the config_text table it is no longer necessary to purge the cache, language packs adjusted accordingly
  • Corrected a broken character in the en language file
  • Optimized the code counting the number of different users in order to set variables for pagination
  • Some minor code changes to iron out small irregularities (which had no impact on the functionality)
  • Enhanced security by checking requested variables from user input ('settings_module.php')
  • Corrected some warnings due to unused and undefined variables in 'registrated_only_module.php', 'reminder_module.php', 'zeroposter_module.php' and 'settings_module.php'
If you wish to update your current version please follow the instructions on how to update an extension on the extensions tab of the ACP.
Watz fo lunch?
mh254

Post by mh254 »

I have a feature request: Add an Option to exclude a complete user group, not only users.

I have two special user groups which i want to exclude from reminders and i can't enter all of the user ids in the field in ACP, seems to be limited.

And on the other site it is quite anoying to add a user each time he changes into one of these groups, because this could happen automatically and i may not recognize it at all.
Mike-on-Tour

Post by Mike-on-Tour »

I will consider your request, just a question to those special groups: Would those be the main group for these users or do they remain in another main group?
Watz fo lunch?
mh254

Post by mh254 »

Would be the Main group.

And i have one issue.

The reminders are send every Minute as soon as i enable the Extension and automatically reminders.

What could be the reason? I use 3.2.9 with PHP 7.2.
Mike-on-Tour

Post by Mike-on-Tour »

The check whether ans reminders are due for sending is done whenever a user logs into the board.
Watz fo lunch?
mh254

Post by mh254 »

Ok, then the check seems not to work properly.

Any way to "debug" this issue?
Mike-on-Tour

Post by Mike-on-Tour »

What are your settings, especially the setting for the duration of days until a user is viewed as inactive (the default is 70 days)? If you put there a "0" by accident then the extension is doing exactly what you told it: It sends out reminder mails.
If this isn't the case, please check the tab "Remind users", there you can see after how many days since the last login the reminder mails were sent and check that against the number you defined in the settings tab. The number in the table should be equal or greater than the one you defined.
Watz fo lunch?
mh254

Post by mh254 »

Here are the settings:
Auswahl_030.png
And here the overview:
Auswahl_031.png
And when i try to remind a user manually i get this error:

Code: Select all

[Thu Jul 02 19:09:20.192904 2020] [php7:error] [pid 19286] [client x.x.x.x:53450]
PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Exception: DateTimeZone::__construct(): Unknown or bad timezone (0) in /var/www/phpbb/ext/mot/userreminder/common.php:353\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/phpbb/ext/mot/userreminder/common.php(353): DateTimeZone->__construct('0')\n#1 /var/www/phpbb/ext/mot/userreminder/common.php(309): mot\\userreminder\\common->format_date_time('en', '0', 'D M d, Y g:i a', '1461607250')\n#2 /var/www/phpbb/ext/mot/userreminder/acp/reminder_module.php(69): mot\\userreminder\\common->remind_users(Array)\n#3 /var/www/phpbb/includes/functions_module.php(676): mot\\userreminder\\acp\\reminder_module->main('\\\\mot\\\\userremind...', 'reminder')\n#4 /var/www/phpbb/adm/index.php(82): p_master->load_active()\n#5 {main}\n  thrown in /var/www/phpbb/ext/mot/userreminder/common.php on line 353, referer: https://myforum.de/adm/index.php?sid=3xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxc&i=-mot-userreminder-acp-reminder_module&mode=reminder
Mike-on-Tour

Post by Mike-on-Tour »

Do you want to fool me? When setting up test users by manually adding them to the users table please define a valid string for the user_timezone column and don't blame any errors resulting from this on the extension you are testing.
Watz fo lunch?
mh254

Post by mh254 »

No need to get angry, i'm not a programmer, just a stupid user.

The users in my forum are created by an external php-Script, maybe this is the reason for the wrong time zone format.

Any hint how to fix this for the existing users by SQL in the database?
3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

Mike-on-Tour wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:08 am
github repository: https://github.com/Mike-on-Tour/mot/tre ... erreminder
That's a 404. It does not exists.
Mike-on-Tour wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:50 am
define a valid string for the user_timezone column
I am sure a check could be added there so to prevent this issue, like a fallback.
I tried to watch your repository but it does not exists.
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx.
Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user
Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
:studio_microphone: Looking for a specific feature or alternative option?
mh254

Post by mh254 »

Fixed the time zone for all existing users and modified the script which creates the users.

Now i can sent reminers manually.

I turned the automatic sending on again and will let you know if it is working now.
mh254

Post by mh254 »

Automatic sending still did not work, mails are send almost every half minute as soon as i enable the automatic sending.
Mike-on-Tour

Post by Mike-on-Tour »

You wrote that you "modified the script which creates the users", does that mean that you modified the phpbb core? Did you by any chance modify the core script which handles the login procedure, too?
Userreminder uses the core.session_create_after event to monitor users logging into the board and then checks for reminder mails due to be sent (if autoremind is switched on) as well for users due for deletion (id autodeletion is switched to on). If you modified anything with this login procedure it might well be that the extension behaves not as intented.
BTW, your picture of the table with the users to be reminded shows page 19 of 19, so that is a total of nearly 480 users to be reminded, why shouldn't the extension start to send those mails?

3Di wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:11 am
Mike-on-Tour wrote: ↑
Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:08 am
github repository: https://github.com/Mike-on-Tour/mot/tre ... erreminder

That's a 404. It does not exists.
It does now. I was in the progress of cleaning up my first ill-modeled github tries.
3Di wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:11 am
Mike-on-Tour wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:50 am
define a valid string for the user_timezone column

I am sure a check could be added there so to prevent this issue, like a fallback.
I tried to watch your repository but it does not exists.
Yes, there could be added a check with a fallback value, it would be only 4 lines of code but so far I thought that to be unnecessary because AFAIK the user-timezone must be set during registration and could not - even by an admin (not counting modifying the database table itself) - changed back to '0'. If this isn't the case I'm open to suggestions.
Watz fo lunch?
3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

it is always good to have a fallback, especially when boards are converted from phpBB2 or any other forum software.

Better safe than sorry.

Oh, that should be your GitHub now: https://github.com/Mike-on-Tour/userreminder
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx.
Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user
Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
:studio_microphone: Looking for a specific feature or alternative option?

Return to “Extensions in Development”