Posts CSV import works but no pagination

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Get Involved
mmac

Posts CSV import works but no pagination

Post by mmac »

Hi, I have searched everywhere and cannot find an answer to this. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

I took some email files from a Yahoo group that closed and put them into a CSV file. I edited the file so that it would import to phpMyAdmin with each email imported as a post. Each email is in its own row. I want to add the emails from the Yahoo group as individual posts in the forum so that the information is preserved and searchable on the forum. I made a column in the CSV for each column that exists in pbb_posts and populated the necessary ones. The import works (after much trial and error - I haven't done this before) but when I view the posts in the topic I created, there is no pagination, so it will only show 10 posts (or whatever I set in the ACP). The posts are in order, but at the bottom of the page, it says "one topic - page 1 of 1". My question is, how to I get the posts to paginate? Thank you!
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Posts CSV import works but no pagination

Post by Mick »

Can you show us say half a dozen lines of your CSV, obviously edit any sensitive information first.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
david63

Post by david63 »

I would suspect that you have not set the topic_last_post_id correctly in the topics table
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored
mmac

Post by mmac »

Thank you, everyone. After I posted this, I figured it out. I went to the forum and clicked “resynchronize” and it worked.
Now, I’m having the issue of some of the posts not showing to users (I can see them from my admin account) and some requiring me to approve them. I made the import with a different user that has all the permissions.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

More likely topic_posts_approved has not been set in the topics table.
There are probably a few other fields missing too.
mmac

Post by mmac »

Thank you. I’ll search for how to do that.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”