Questions from an idiot

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Get Involved
morgana123

Questions from an idiot

Post by morgana123 »

Hello everyone
I have to confess that I don't understand anything on this forum, the reason I joined was because I really wanted to join and post on a forum which is run by you guys but I just can't get registered. I have tried several usernames and emails and I get no response at all. If I do try to log in, it just tells me that my "The specified username is currently inactive. If you have problems activating your account, please contact a board administrator." How do I contact an administrator when I can't log in? It is all so annoying, Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do? It seems to me that these things are not really user friendly, especially if you're not savvy with these things and short on time and patience, it's very off putting. If anyone can suggest something, I would be very grateful as I think the forum in question would be very helpful to me. Thank you very much.

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Questions from an idiot

Post by KevC »

We don't run any other sites apart from this one and our area51 development site.

Where are you trying to register? Sounds like the owner of the site is not paying attention to what's going on with it.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

morgana123

Post by morgana123 »

Thank you for the reply. You guys all seem very clever, is there anyway that I can get the owner's attention? Any tricks, hacks or something that will allow me in?

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

Possibly yes. What's the address of the board?
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

I seriously doubt you have to be logged in to contact the admin. that is one of the main purposes of the contact admin feature so if you are having problems registering you contact the admin for help.

I agree, give us the link to the board you are trying to use.
phpbb.com is the support site for the phpBB software. they have nothing to do with any other boards out there on the interwebs.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?

david63

Post by david63 »

Is the OP talking about this board and the problem was that his/her first post was awaiting approval?
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

Random American

Post by Random American »

david63 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:58 pm
Is the OP talking about this board and the problem was that his/her first post was awaiting approval?
It doesn't read like that to me. It looks like the OP is trying to register on another board that runs on this software and is having problems, and he came here for help. He is having trouble with activation it looks like.

morgana123

Post by morgana123 »

https://www.gardenlaw.co.uk/ Again, thank you for your help. I've posted a link to the site that I want to join. I found a link to your page on it and thought you might be able to help. I really don't understand how any of this works. Thank you again.

david63

Post by david63 »

morgana123 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:40 am
https://www.gardenlaw.co.uk/ Again, thank you for your help. I've posted a link to the site that I want to join. I found a link to your page on it and thought you might be able to help. I really don't understand how any of this works. Thank you again.
What I think is probably happening is that your first post on that board is waiting to be approved. This is a normal procedure on many boards as a spam preventative measure and is nothing to worry about. Some boards are slower that others in approving the first post.

I would also point out that the board may have it set up such that more than one post needs to be approved before you can post freely.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

Also worth noting that the index page notice about registration says you must not use a real name in your account so if you used the same name as you have on here that may be why it hasn't been activated.
Cheap UK Hosting

morgana123

Post by morgana123 »

Thank you for the replies. Morgana isn't my real name, it's nothing to do with me at all and I've tried several names over the past few weeks. I haven't managed to post anything yet either, it just will not accept me. It's very annoying , I probably just have to accept it and forget about it. Very odd, I thought these websites wanted visitors.

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

But they don't know that's not your name if you have used it as your username on there.

Unfortun atley there seems to be no way to email the admin. I've looked at the main site and the forum and I can't see an address anywhere.
Cheap UK Hosting

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

FWIW - I’ve just tried registering on there and it throws username already in use errors. For the second registration attempt I just tried a bunch of random characters so definitely not already in use. From that I can only assume there’s an issue with the setup somewhere or other, may even be something as simple as a cache purge. Also I’d be surprised if registration was working, that the board isn’t crammed with spam with the Q&A question in use. And:
“Gardenlaw” wrote:The board administrator contact page has been disabled.
Edit: I’ve just managed to register after several attempts, I’ll PM you if I get any joy.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©

morgana123

Post by morgana123 »

Thank you for all your help, I really do appreciate it. I wonder if they realize that they have a problem.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”