A few questions

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Get Involved
Heo32

A few questions

Post by Heo32 »

1. phpBB 3.2.10 will be the last release of the 3.2.x series as far as I can tell. I see a list of pending issues marked to be fixed for 3.2.11-RC1, but with support being cut off by July 6, 2020, my guess is those issues will never get fixed in the future and that the focus for development will continue on with 3.3.x and 4.0.x, correct?
  2. How does phpBB 3.2.10 compare in terms of stability and pending bugs to phpBB 3.3.1. Would everyone say phpBB 3.3.1 is going to be a more stable and bug-free choice once it comes out? Will there be any reasons to stick with 3.2.x once support has ended?
  3. I see these forums are on phpBB 3.2.10-RC2. Will they get updated to 3.3.1? If not, when will they be, and why delay?
  4. Will phpBB 3.3.x support PHP 8.0 in the future? I see PHP 8.0 listed as having no release date set, but is likely to come out at the end of this year on November 26, 2020.
Is this for you? Windows & Nginx & PHP & MySQL & phpBB & WordPress & Cloudflare

Content-Security-Policy: Allow using Content-Security-Policy without unsafe-inline
stevemaury wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 8:16 pm
I went to your board and looked for an hour or so, but did not see the women without underwear.
david63

Re: A few questions

Post by david63 »

Unless a bug fix is specific to a particular version then any fixes in 3.2.10 will also go into 3.3.1. As to whether there will be any further updates to the 3.2 line will be up to the developers.
Heo32 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:25 am
How does phpBB 3.2.10 compare in terms of stability and pending bugs to phpBB 3.3.1. Would everyone say phpBB 3.3.1 is going to be a more stable and bug-free choice once it comes out?
Nobody can state 100% what the stability of any version will be but I doubt that there will be any difference in stability between the two versions - unless something specific is found in 3.3.1 that is not in 3.2.10
Heo32 wrote:
I see these forums are on phpBB 3.2.10-RC2. Will they get updated to 3.3.1? If not, when will they be, and why delay?
My understanding is that due to the amount of customisation of this board it is quite a big task to upgrade to 3.3
Heo32 wrote:
Will phpBB 3.3.x support PHP 8.0 in the future?
At some point possibly, or you may need to wait for phpBB 4 - it will all depend on what problems PHP8 throws up and how easy it is to fix them.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored
rxu
Extensions Development Team
Name: Ruslan

Post by rxu »

Currently PHP 8-dev tests are green for phpBB 3.3 and development goes the way to keep that as far as I understand. If that's correct, at the PHP 8 release point it should be compatible.
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul »

david63 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:09 am
Heo32 wrote:
I see these forums are on phpBB 3.2.10-RC2. Will they get updated to 3.3.1? If not, when will they be, and why delay?
My understanding is that due to the amount of customisation of this board it is quite a big task to upgrade to 3.3
We don't have that much customisations on the board, the size of the board is a bigger issue as the customisations. Only a few extensions, and those should already work actually. We have one dependency that we needed to solve, and that has been done a few weeks ago. Now it is just mostly having the time to do the actual upgrade. It will happen, there is just no specific timeframe when it will happen.
Knock knock
Race condition
Who's there?

My BlogMy Photosmy phpBB Extensionscustom phpBB work & Development
Heo32

Post by Heo32 »

Thanks, guys.
Is this for you? Windows & Nginx & PHP & MySQL & phpBB & WordPress & Cloudflare

Content-Security-Policy: Allow using Content-Security-Policy without unsafe-inline
stevemaury wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 8:16 pm
I went to your board and looked for an hour or so, but did not see the women without underwear.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”