So close to that PS5 I could almost touch it....

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

So close to that PS5 I could almost touch it....

Post by thecoalman »

If you have PlayStation account you can sign up for random drawing to buy one directly from them. Did this about 4 months ago and yesterday the golden email arrived with link to get my shiny new PS5 starting at 2PM EST today and lasting to 7PM. After numerous attempts throughout the afternoon I was finally in..... at 6:30.
2022-03-17.png
For half hour I slowly watched the yellow indicator grow larger, it's right there I'll be playing Hockey and Grand Turismo in Glorious 4K in a few days.

And then my dreams are smashed yet again.
2022-03-17 (1).png
The horror of first world problems. ;)
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Re: So close to that PS5 I could almost touch it....

Post by thecoalman »

I have been occasionally browsing the Sony site and some others in the hope they would pop up as in stock, almost two years later they had them available yesterday on Sony's site for brief time. I could not believe my eyes. :D I had to go with the Horizon console bundle as it was only one available but the game looks pretty good. Surprisingly it should be here today.

In case you are wondering I just checked and they are now listing everything as out of stock. Hopefully they are catching up and everyone of those scalpers get stuck with them.
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison

Return to “General Discussion”