Teachers and students forum, advice please?

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Get Involved
mickyd

Teachers and students forum, advice please?

Post by mickyd »

Hi all, new to phpbb, I created one about 10 years ago which never went anywhere after I installed it - so pretty much newbie!!

What I would like to do is create a board where:
There would be two separate sections - students & teachers.
I would like to be able to allow anyone to go into the student side, but only allow teachers into the teachers side after verifying they qualify.
I would like to allow the students only to see the student forums.
I would like to allow the teachers to see everything - both the teachers forums and the students forums.

Would this be doable in phpbb?
difficulty?
Would it be perhaps better with a landing page with two graphic buttons - to take the visitor to their section, or is that even possible to integrate?
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Teachers and students forum, advice please?

Post by KevC »

Yes you can do that.

Everyone will be in the registered users group. Also make another group for teachers. Put the teachers only in to that group.

In group forum permissions set the registered users group to 'no access' for the teachers forums. Then set the teachers group to standard access for those forums.

That will stop the students getting in but will allow access to anyone in the teachers group.

Set all of the other forums to standard access for the registered users group.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"

Return to “phpBB Discussion”