Discuss: phpBB 3.3.8 Release

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Suggested Hosts
Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader
Name: Marc

Discuss: phpBB 3.3.8 Release

Post by Marc »

Please discuss the announcement here.
Scanialady
Name: Annette

Re: Discuss: phpBB 3.3.8 Release

Post by Scanialady »

by Marc » 26 Jun 2022

You can find the key highlights of this release below and a list of all issues fixed on our tracker at https://tracker.phpbb.com/issues/?filter=16091
This url seems to be wrong.
My 2 cents: Whether an extension is in the CDB says nothing about its quality. It is more important to read the support topics for it. Better to avoid authors who do not answer support questions themselves, who do not update their stuff, and who do not fix bugs for years.
SpIdErPiGgY
Name: Andy Dm

Post by SpIdErPiGgY »

Thx! Update went perfect! 👍😎
phpBB NL Extension translations, also on request.
--> Click Here: Myarea51secrets.com <--
Frank Rizzo

Post by Frank Rizzo »

With reference to the deprecation of <!-- PHP -->

I use this in order to process session information from another part of my website; namely subscriptions and to show / limit various parts of the forum. How can I now do this if I can't run my own PHP code?

simplified example

Code: Select all

<!-- PHP -->
if($_SESSION['valid_subscription'] == 1) {
	// display forum here
} else {
	echo '<div class="alert alert-warning"><h4>This section is for subscribers only</h4></div>';
}
</-- ENDPHP -->
KillBill.

Post by KillBill. »

phpBB 3.3.8 update error

If there are no custom profile fields, the next error will stop the update at 17%.

General Error:SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]Unknown column 'pf_phpbb_youtube' in 'where clause' [1054]SQLUPDATE phpbb_profile_fields_data SET pf_phpbb_youtube = CONCAT('https://youtube.com/user/', pf_phpbb_youtube) WHERE pf_phpbb_youtube '' AND pf_phpbb_youtube NOT LIKE '%youtube.com/%' in file /phpbb/db/driver/driver.php on line 1023
[phpBB Debug] "Trying to access array offset on value of type bool" in file /install/update/new/phpbb/db/migration/data/v33x/profilefield_youtube_update.php on line 33
Crizzo
Translations & International Support Teams Manager
Translations & International Support Teams Manager
Name: Christian

Post by Crizzo »

Scanialady wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:07 pm
by Marc » 26 Jun 2022

You can find the key highlights of this release below and a list of all issues fixed on our tracker at https://tracker.phpbb.com/issues/?filter=16091
The link is working, but you need to be logged in at tracker.phpbb.com as always :geek:
My extensions for phpBB: CDB
German phpBB Support at www.phpbb.de
Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader
Name: Marc

Post by Marc »

Crizzo wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:18 am
Scanialady wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:07 pm

The link is working, but you need to be logged in at tracker.phpbb.com as always :geek:
I actually fixed the visibility just this morning. 😅
Frank Rizzo wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:43 pm With reference to the deprecation of <!-- PHP -->

I use this in order to process session information from another part of my website; namely subscriptions and to show / limit various parts of the forum. How can I now do this if I can't run my own PHP code?

simplified example

<!-- PHP -->
if($_SESSION['valid_subscription'] == 1) {
	// display forum here
} else {
	echo '<div class="alert alert-warning"><h4>This section is for subscribers only</h4></div>';
}
</-- ENDPHP -->
The recommended way of handling this is via a small extension that employs our events system. If you need a more detailed help with that, we'll be happy to support you. Please open a topic in the appropriate section.
KillBill. wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:20 pm phpBB 3.3.8 update error

If there are no custom profile fields, the next error will stop the update at 17%.

General Error:SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]Unknown column 'pf_phpbb_youtube' in 'where clause' [1054]SQLUPDATE phpbb_profile_fields_data SET pf_phpbb_youtube = CONCAT('https://youtube.com/user/', pf_phpbb_youtube) WHERE pf_phpbb_youtube '' AND pf_phpbb_youtube NOT LIKE '%youtube.com/%' in file /phpbb/db/driver/driver.php on line 1023
[phpBB Debug] "Trying to access array offset on value of type bool" in file /install/update/new/phpbb/db/migration/data/v33x/profilefield_youtube_update.php on line 33
Can you open a bug report for that? Will have to check how we end up here, as I didn't run into any issues when updating boards from various versions to 3.3.8 on multiple DB systems (incl. MySQL).
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

NOT confirmed:

I have no custom profile fields ATM and the update from 337 to 338 completed flawlessly.
Did you remove the youtube profilefield?
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
KillBill.

Post by KillBill. »

warmweer wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:53 am Did you remove the youtube profilefield?
Yes
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

KillBill. wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:10 am
warmweer wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:53 am Did you remove the youtube profilefield?
Yes
OK, that probably explains it.
It should have been deactivated, not removed.
My previous statement that I have no custom profilefields was in fact wrong, The custom profile fields that come with phpBB by default are deactivated, but not deleted. I have no non-default custom profilefields.

It looks as though deletion of custom profile fields was not taken into consideration when updating (possibly upgrading also).

Added:
I've just now deleted the skype custom profilefield from a 337 testboard and then updated to 338 : the update completed flawlessly.

Can you restore your 3.3.7 backup and retry the update?
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

SpIdErPiGgY

Post by SpIdErPiGgY »

I also deleted 3 custom profile fields, and update went perfect...
KillBill.

Post by KillBill. »

warmweer wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:53 am It should have been deactivated, not removed.
I think if there is already an option to delete, then it is up to the users to decide if they want to deactivate or delete it.
warmweer wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:53 am It looks as though deletion of custom profile fields was not taken into consideration when updating (possibly upgrading also).
Yes, there is no check for the existence of the column.
warmweer wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:53 am I've just now deleted the skype custom profilefield from a 337 testboard and then updated to 338 : the update completed flawlessly.
Why skype? :roll:

The update wants to update the "pf_phpbb_youtube" column and not skype.
KillBill.

Post by KillBill. »

SpIdErPiGgY wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:34 am I also deleted 3 custom profile fields, and update went perfect...
I also checked localhost with a new phpBB 3.3.7 installation.
The error is still present.

1. Install phpBB 3.3.7
2. Custom profile fields - phpbb_youtube DELETE
3. Update phpBB 3.3.7 to 3.3.8 = 17% sql error

General Error:SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]Unknown column 'pf_phpbb_youtube' in 'where clause' [1054]SQLUPDATE phpbb_profile_fields_data SET pf_phpbb_youtube = CONCAT('https://youtube.com/user/', pf_phpbb_youtube) WHERE pf_phpbb_youtube '' AND pf_phpbb_youtube NOT LIKE '%youtube.com/%' in file \phpbb\db\driver\driver.php on line 1023
[phpBB Debug] "Trying to access array offset on value of type bool" in file install\update\new\phpbb\db\migration\data\v33x\profilefield_youtube_update.php on line 33
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

KillBill. wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:41 am Why skype? :roll:

The update wants to update the "pf_phpbb_youtube" column and not skype.
I tested with the skype field only to investigate whether this would be a general custom field problem. It isn't.

A short while ago I tested with the youtube custom profilefield deactivated : no problem
Then tested with the youtube custom profilefield removed and ...

CONFIRMED: I have exactly the same error. (and :thumbsup: to you for doublechecking the issue).

Please file a bugreport.

SpIdErPiGgY

Post by SpIdErPiGgY »

Oke just tried it, and yes, there is an error when you deleted the youtube profile field.

General Error:SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]Unknown column 'pf_phpbb_youtube' in 'where clause' [1054]SQLUPDATE phpbb_profile_fields_data SET pf_phpbb_youtube = CONCAT('https://youtube.com/user/', pf_phpbb_youtube) WHERE pf_phpbb_youtube '' AND pf_phpbb_youtube NOT LIKE '%youtube.com/%' in file /var/www/vhosts/muziekpromo.online/httpdocs/scripts/phpbbtest3.3/phpbb/db/driver/driver.php on line 1023

[phpBB Debug] "Trying to access array offset on value of type bool" in file /var/www/vhosts/muziekpromo.online/httpdocs/scripts/phpbbtest3.3/phpbb/db/migration/data/v33x/profilefield_youtube_update.php on line 33

Return to “phpBB Discussion”