Can't run install after move from 3.1 to 3.2

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.2.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
bsevier

Can't run install after move from 3.1 to 3.2

Post by bsevier »

Creating a "staging" version of the website (domain: staging.mopac.org) that is still 3.1.10. Copied ssl production over into staging, created new staging database, copied from prod, updated config file to match paths, dbuser, dbname, etc. Worked.

Downloaded the 3.2 package to move to 3.2, following instructions for upgrading from 3.1 to 3.1.
Followed the instructions for the upgrade, seemed to go well. Then got to:
"Using your web browser, visit install/ in your board's root. (e.g. http://www.example.com/yourforum/install)"
Went to "https://www.staging.mopac.org/bb/install" - Get a "page not found", no other errors.

Weird...

Ben
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Re: Can't run install after move from 3.1 to 3.2

Post by warmweer »

Code: Select all

Error 500 - Internal Server Error

An error was encountered while processing your request. Typically this is a temporary condition. Please contact the web site owner for further assistance.
Did you follow the instructions in Upgrading from 3.1 to 3.2?

Before doing anything else: try

removing/installer and/production from /cache
clearing browser cache and board cookies.

If that doesn't help contact your host.
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
david63

Post by david63 »

Out of curiosity why are you upgrading to 3.2 when 3.3.8 is the latest version?
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

bsevier wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:04 am Went to "https://www.staging.mopac.org/bb/install" - Get a "page not found", no other errors.
Did you effectively install a new board at that address?
Why not

Code: Select all

https://www.staging.mopac.org/forums
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
bsevier

Post by bsevier »

Yes, I followed the instructions exactly. In fact, I had done the same thing on another site I mange (same host) and it worked as expected.

Yes, basically did a "new" board install (less the folders that the instructions indicated), with old database and config. Usually works just fine.

This site is an older site, linked to Joomla with p8pBridge. Nothing had been updated in a few years, working with the owner to bring everything up to date. Working through extension issues and changes, so not going all the way at once.

Guess I'll wipe out and copy back from production and try again. Thanks for all the comments.

Ben
bubbathegimp
Name: Bubba

Post by bubbathegimp »

just curious....
since you are upgrading from such an older version that probably also used an old version of PhP,
wouldnt you probably need to go into your servers admin panel to choose a newer version of PhP that the upgrade package supports before running "install"?
If at first you don't succeed, Sky diving is not for you....
Ymmv

Return to “[3.2.x] Support Forum”