Here is a very simple question

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
Deactivated 1950056

Re: Here is a very simple question

Post by Deactivated 1950056 »

Methen wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:30 pm
HiFiKabin wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:27 pm

... if your isp allows you do do it, most do not
That would be no problem and I heard most have no problems
as long as they are getting paid that is all they care about.
I'm sure if your public site grows to a certain size, they'd probably demand you get a business plan.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

and, if you allow certain content to be put on your site you open yourself and your members to legal problems .

that is why there are rules with hosting companies about what type of content can and can not be published on their servers.

total lack of censorship is a dream and will never really happen.

robert
Deactivated 1950056

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:02 pmtotal lack of censorship is a dream and will never really happen.
This ^^
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman »

Mick wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:41 pm ..... so there has to be some hosts that aren’t concerned with content.
Most are going to be, they don't want their IP's associated with that kind of content. Never researched it but I would imagine hosts that allow adult content have premium rates. The major adult sites won't have a host and be using colocation.
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison
axe70
Name: Alessio

Post by axe70 »

I am surprised that a topic with a title like this has been considered :lol:
Give it a title, please :D

for what it worth to mention, u know now that someone will never answer to a topic with no title
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

axe70 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:35 am I am surprised that a topic with a title like this has been considered :lol:

for what it worth to mention, u know now that someone will never answer to a topic with no title
It's General Discussion and the moderators are more lenient here than in the Support Forums (for example).

As to giving it a title: it has a title (that's required) but not a title enticing serious discussion.

As to the third part of your post: you're actively and knowingly contradicting your own statement. ;)
axe70
Name: Alessio

Post by axe70 »

warmweer wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:00 am
axe70 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:35 am I am surprised that a topic with a title like this has been considered :lol:

It's General Discussion and the moderators are more lenient here than in the Support Forums (for example).

As to giving it a title: it has a title (that's required) but not a title enticing serious discussion.

As to the third part of your post: you're actively and knowingly contradicting your own statement. ;)
Yes i know! :lol:
i realized just after posted it! :lol:
Kailey
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Kailey Snay

Post by Kailey »

At the author's request, I removed the posts that steered it into political discussion and unlocked the topic. Please keep it civil everyone. ;)
Kailey Snay - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Community rules

If you have any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to send me a PM.
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin »

Have you looked at WebHostingTalk where you will probably get the advice you need (even if its not the advice you want)
Methen

Post by Methen »

Yea I asked similar question there years ago no one could answer it then ether.
Deactivated 1950056

Methen wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:11 am Yea I asked similar question there years ago no one could answer it then ether.
People did answer it here though. Absolute freedom of expression impractical and sites going to such a host would hold extremely grotesque content. I would give an example of content that is rightfully illegal (which some sites have actually hosted), but honestly, I think the mere mention of it would probably get me banned by the Community Team as it would be inappropriate to mention on a site like this.
Jodi-86

Post by Jodi-86 »

As soon as you go onto a normal site and ask for suggestions of hosting that doesn't monitor or care what content you put on it - the majority of people are going to assume you are wanting it for illegal reasons and therefore be reluctant to help as most people can start a website, use it for what they want to use it for and never violate the hosts terms.

I would have thought this is a question that you should ask on the Dark Web or Dark Net or whatever it's called.
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman »

Jodi-86 wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:30 pm use it for what they want to use it for and never violate the hosts terms.
For most hosts you will be violating their TOS for any type of adult content. If you want an analogy it's like the host is a mall and they aren't going to lease store space to hardcore sex shop. They simply don't want that associated with their business and the other business's they serve.

If you want to host legal adult content there is hosts that specialize in this but you will pay a premium for the service. The larger adult sites will be avoiding this by colocating but that si something they would probably be doing regardless.
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison
Jodi-86

Post by Jodi-86 »

thecoalman wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:26 am For most hosts you will be violating their TOS for any type of adult content. If you want an analogy it's like the host is a mall and they aren't going to lease store space to hardcore sex shop. They simply don't want that associated with their business and the other business's they serve.

If you want to host legal adult content there is hosts that specialize in this but you will pay a premium for the service. The larger adult sites will be avoiding this by colocating but that si something they would probably be doing regardless.
That's true and in that case you would search for "adult web hosting" there are lots of hosts that offer good deals on it and so many people starting their own sites after being inspired by the money they made on OnlyFans means it's a money maker for all involved.

Adult web hosting is so easy to find on Google, that if someone is saying they can't find one that is suitable for them - it's going to make people think they are wanting it for illegal content rather than legal content.
Deactivated 1950056

I cannot speak for anyone else, but I don't think Methen wants to host illegal content. I think he is so firm in his ideals that he doesn't realize the problems that absolute freedom would bring.

Return to “General Discussion”