Anyone knows about the Advanced Profile Fields Pack related issue

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
deepndark

Anyone knows about the Advanced Profile Fields Pack related issue

Post by deepndark »

Anyone knows about the Advanced Profile Fields Pack related issue, i.e. this extension here: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/extension/adancedpf/

My admin's and also my testing account's custom profiles show up, but not to my newly made profile's.
Does it have some kind of a rule that newly registered accounts don't display them?
Sorry for asking it here, but the discussion forum for this isn't that active.

Thanks!

EDIT: I figured out that the Newly Registered Users weren't allowed to do almost anything.
If someone knows how to copy all the permissions from the "ordinary" registered users then please let me know.
Deactivated 1950056

Re: Anyone knows about the Advanced Profile Fields Pack related issue

Post by Deactivated 1950056 »

deepndark wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:22 pmIf someone knows how to copy all the permissions from the "ordinary" registered users then please let me know.

Newly registered users do not need to have their permissions copied from ordinary users. The group works by having some permissions set to Never, which override some of the permissions they would have by being a registered user. To allow them to edit their profile fields, go to your ACP > Permissions > Group Permissions > Newly Registered Users (in the dropdown menu) > Advanced Permissions

Then find "Can change profile field information." It is set to Never by default, so change it to No. Then click "Apply Permissions."

If you want to disable the Newly registered user group altogether, so new users have all registered user permissions, then go to ACP > General > User registration settings

Then set "New member post limit" to 0 (by default, it is set to 3).
THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IN USE AND IS DEPRECIATED!
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Re: Anyone knows about the Advanced Profile Fields Pack related issue

Post by HiFiKabin »

To receive extension support please visit our Extensions Database and post in the specific extension's designated support area. The link to the support area for each released extension is also available in the first post of each released extension listed in the [3.3.x] Extension Database Releases forum. For extensions still in development (not recommended for a live board) support is in that extension's topic in the Extensions in Development forum.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”