phpBB login use for external website

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Suggested Hosts
digitalmousecz
Name: Michal Čabala

phpBB login use for external website

Post by digitalmousecz »

Hello,

apologies for my question.

I have a forum of hockey club fans. I have also a PHP web app for match results prediction (just for fun).
I'm not a skilled programmer/developer, just PHP basics.

Is there any way to use phpBB users login to be login to this external app?

If yes, can someone just point me the right way? Something like tutorial or docs.

Thank you very much! 🙂
david63

Re: phpBB login use for external website

Post by david63 »

There is no "out of the box" feature to do what you want as every site will be different and without knowing the structure of your data it is impossible to even make any suggestions.

If you are willing to pay then you might want to consider posting in the wanted forum.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
AmigoJack

Re: phpBB login use for external website

Post by AmigoJack »

david63 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:30 pmconsider posting in the wanted forum
This phrase makes no sense for people unaware of all the forum names - let me put the name right and add quotation marks to make it unambiguous that it's a name. And linking to it:

Consider posting in the "Wanted!" forum.
  • "The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly. ... We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this." Affin, 2018-11-20
  • "But this shit is not here for you. You can follow with your. Maybe the question, instead, was for you, who know, so you shoved us how you are." axe70, 2020-10-10
  • "My reaction is not to everyone, especially to you." Raptiye, 2021-02-28

Return to “phpBB Discussion”