How easy it to create a blog with phpBB

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Get Involved
Sofia1995

How easy it to create a blog with phpBB

Post by Sofia1995 »

Hello,

I am Sofia and I am working at [link removed], We were wondering if it would be valuable for our website to create a forum.
We want to be more in touch with our customers and create a community.

We want to have a phpbb board along with our wp blog. Would that be easy?

Thanks in advance for any valuable answer and the time spend for it. :)
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: How easy it to create a blog with phpBB

Post by Mick »

I suppose “easy” depends on the skill set available. phpBB is standalone and, in this case, would be in it’s own folder and not affected by WP but your server installation would need to meet the phpBB requirements. I suggest you have a read of the installation guide. Also, if you feel the need to ‘integrate’ phpBB & WP, there are bridges available on the WP site.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
GanstaZ

Post by GanstaZ »

Arising question would be.. Why to use 2 standalone (separate/different.. have almost nothing in common) platforms on same project?

End result would be double time spending on maintaining it all (updates/upgrades/edits & whatnot), using bridge to sync dbs (extra addition), design issues (for example navigation), finding the cause of random or not so random issues/bugs & not to mention adding content.
Of course there is a way to create/request blog extension for phpbb, that would make life a little easier, but it doesn't mean, that it would solve everything.

If it sounds easy/doable then it should answer your question.
Usus est magister optimus! phpBB pre-Triton & latest php environment.
When answer lies in the question, question becomes redundant!
[Dimetrodon]

Post by [Dimetrodon] »

If you try to integrate the two then you're asking for difficulty though there are tools to allow you to do that. If you have it just as a subdirectory or subdomain and they have separate accounts then it shouldn't be too difficult.
Avatar by someone named AdmiralRA on Reddit. (No, I don't have a Reddit account)
When seeking support, please consider filling out the Support Request Template. It makes it easier for anyone trying to help.

Return to “phpBB Discussion”