Limit polls

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Ch3vr0n

Limit polls

Post by Ch3vr0n »

Hey folks,

Was wondering if there's any way to limit polls to certain user ranks?
https://www.3dprintforum.eu | New home for Belgian and Netherlands 3d printing like-minded, hobbyists and professionals.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Limit polls

Post by KevC »

Not without requesting an extension.

You can restrict groups though. If those ranks were in a group that could not vote that would work.
The auto groups extension can move people from group to group based on post count (if you mean that sort of rank).
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman »

To be clear ranks are purely ornamental. You could give someone the admin rank but they are not an admin. You can add someone to admin group without giving them the admin rank and they have admin privilege's.

That said when you add someone to group like the admin group you typically make it their default rank. You can make a group with poll privilege's and add people to that group and use a default rank for that group. Set the poll privilege's to registered users to no.
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison
Ch3vr0n

Post by Ch3vr0n »

ranks probably wasn't the proper term, i probably meant groups. I wanna restrict poll functions to moderators and admins only.
https://www.3dprintforum.eu | New home for Belgian and Netherlands 3d printing like-minded, hobbyists and professionals.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

Do you mean limit the creation of polls to just mods and admins?

permissions
group forum permissions
registered users
select the forums
standard access

global mods
select the forums
standard access + polls

administrators
select the forums
standard access + polls
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
Ch3vr0n

Post by Ch3vr0n »

Yeah the creation.

Couldn't find the proper place to look. Been years since i've had to dig into the finer things of phpbb. With your guidance it looks like things are already set the way i want them by default? Registered can (change) vote but can't create them. Mods and above can do the whole shabang. Solved i guess :)

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”