Elon Musk buys Twitter

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
[Dimetrodon]

Re: Elon Musk buys Twitter

Post by [Dimetrodon] »

Either way, people who don't pay 8 dollars are going to end up shadowbanned. I don't think enough are going to put up with it to be profitable.
ssl
Name: Fred Rimbert

Post by ssl »

It could be the 2022 remake of the film The Birds, by Alfred Hitchcock, version 2.0. A flock of ominous birds, blue to black, descending on citizens of the world seeking information on Twitter. This is what the atmosphere on the social network looks like since its takeover by Elon Musk. The birds (emblems of Twitter which means "twitter") first attacked the company's employees, nearly half of whom received a dismissal letter from the new boss, but the birds could very quickly attack the users of the network because, among the employees fired is some 15% of the team responsible for "moderating" the messages conveyed: it is this "security team" which ensures that the tweets do not peddle either fake news or racist attacks, anti-Semites, sexists or homophobes.
One can imagine the risks that this bleeding within it can entail for the quality of the democratic debate while the midterms campaign is in full swing in the United States and that Donald Trump seems once again ready to do anything to succeed in his comeback, supported by all that America has of conspirators, the very people who consider that the last election was stolen from them.
From Libération
Tastenplayer
Name: Jutta Koliofotis

Post by Tastenplayer »

According to a report by Bloomberg, Twitter is reaching out to former employees after Elon Musk's mass layoff, asking them to come back. Some terminations happened accidentally.

Code: Select all

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-11-06/twitter-now-asks-some-fired-workers-to-please-come-back?srnd=premium-europe&leadSource=uverify%20wall
However, he may have been a little hasty in his approach. The US news magazine Bloomberg now reports that Twitter is contacting dozens of employees who were previously dismissed and asking for their return.

Allegedly, some of the people were dismissed "accidentally", according to the report. Others would have received the pink slip even before the new leadership of the short message service had realised that their work and experience might be needed - for example, to develop new features that are specifically planned by Elon Musk. Bloomberg refers to two sources within Twitter. According to the magazine, they wish to remain anonymous.

Code: Select all

https://www.watson.ch/digital/wirtschaft/109073661-chaos-pur-twitter-bittet-entlassene-mitarbeiter-zurueckzukehren
[Dimetrodon]

Post by [Dimetrodon] »

It's easy to decide to fire half of everybody if you don't know how needed most of them are.
Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

Intelligent people think/consider before they act :lol: You don't have to be filthy rich to be a good manager/chief executive/owner.
[Dimetrodon]

Post by [Dimetrodon] »

Tastenplayer wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:30 pm Intelligent people think/consider before they act :lol: You don't have to be filthy rich to be a good manager/chief executive/owner.
And not much says that Musk is this genius. He’s just savvy enough to build a personality cult amongst some people.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

jealous much?

robert
Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:25 pm jealous much?
robert
Certainly not on that one! Well, I'm a woman, but I certainly don't want to be like him.
More money in the account would be good, but not like this.
[Dimetrodon]

Post by [Dimetrodon] »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:25 pm jealous much?

robert
:roll:
Meis2M
Translator
Name: میثم نوبری

Post by Meis2M »

elon musk should buy phpbb too :D
phpBB persian international support
Follow us in Instagram
Free upgrade and install extensions on your forum - drop me PM
Ultimate phpBB SEO Friendly URL extension
[Dimetrodon]

Post by [Dimetrodon] »

Meis2M wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:36 pm elon musk should buy phpbb too :D
If your goal is to completely kill the project. :P
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

Tastenplayer wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:26 pm More money in the account would be good, but not like this.
Well said !!
But you could have elaborated a bit.
It should have been : more money in my account (my = possessive relating to warmweer) 8-)
Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

warmweer wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:18 pm
Tastenplayer wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:26 pm More money in the account would be good, but not like this.
Well said !!
But you could have elaborated a bit.
It should have been : more money in my account (my = possessive relating to warmweer) 8-)
GTI
Name: Laura

Post by GTI »

It would be funny if the vast majority of users boycotted Twitter and then someone else built a new platform very similar, the Chinese make products that are very similar all the time,

Elon would be left with a site barely anyone uses! 😅 and as he is a 'love him or hate him' type of guy - many people could very easily decide to boycott it.

I don't know why there is so much hate of him though, I don't know him but from what I've seen of him in his 'photo op's' he looks a bit of an idiot, but at the end of the day he can spend his money however he likes.

I would imagine when firing people he probably thought he could get half of his trusted work force from his other projects to do their jobs, can't blame him for wanting to bring in how own staff, though I'm not sure the figure of the money they claim to be losing each day is accurate given the amount of ads on Twitter.
[Dimetrodon]

Post by [Dimetrodon] »

GTI wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:56 pm ...and then someone else built a new platform very similar...
I wonder if someone can take advantage of this to bring back 00s internet forums. People aren't that fond of corporate social media and now Musk gave them motivation to finally leave one such platform.

Return to “General Discussion”