Gallery Avatare

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
Tastenplayer
Name: Jutta Koliofotis

Gallery Avatare

Post by Tastenplayer »

I had never added so many Gallery Avatars to any forum. However, they are displayed unattractively in full-screen mode as well as in some responsive resolutions.
Galleryavatare1.jpg
--
Bigscreen
Galleryavatare2.jpg
Galleryavatare3.jpg
Last edited by Tastenplayer on Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
More of my styles you can find in my phpBB Style Board & More
Be the best version of yourself rather than a bad copy of someone else!
Excuse me for my English, but I learned the language by speaking to people and not at school.
🎨 All my styles are updated to 3.3.8 and can be downloaded here
Mannix_
Name: Matt

Re: Gallery Avatare

Post by Mannix_ »

I don't see that happening on my test board ? So maybe there is a rogue extensions causing that ?
Did I helped You? Consider a donation.
New version of phpBB has been released? My styles aren't validated for it yet? Check my page for the latest downloads!
Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

I have not installed a single extension in the TB.
The avatars may have to be smaller. :lol:
Excuse me for my English, but I learned the language by speaking to people and not at school.
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul »

If you believe you found a bug, you should report it to the bugtracker
Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

I think it's more of a size issue. They just have to be small, it seems. But it doesn't say anywhere that they have to be a certain size.
Feedback I have received seems to be that they need to be the same width as height. But how are you supposed to know that. :) . After all, it has no example in the avatar folder.
Gumboots

Post by Gumboots »

Let me guess: it uses floats to handle the presentation? Change it to inline-block, in combination with vertical-align. Or, change it to flex, with flex-wrap set to wrap. Will work regardless of image sizes. Will also have the advantage that no changes will be necessary for RTL support.
🇺🇦 Слава Україні! 🇺🇦 Героям слава! 🇺🇦
Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

They simply have to be the same height as they are wide.
Gumboots

Post by Gumboots »

My point was that if you change the CSS it will still work even if height and width are not equal, so you can have more flexibility in avatar proportions.

I just tested it live on this site (manipulating image sizes via the document inspector) It works, as I knew it would, and as I said it will also work with RTL without requiring any RTL-specific code. IOW, it's a more versatile solution. So, up to you if you want to use it or not.
Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

Yes Gumboots, but it's a future of the phpBB forum software and not something you can do much (shoud do much) about as a style developer. Is not my business :) . Only a few adjustments are made there. (I do not need these avatars in my forums. I only looked because I'm working on a more difficult style.)
These gallery avatars are uploaded to the phpBB image folder and not to the styles.
Gumboots

Post by Gumboots »

That does not matter. The relevant CSS is is cp.css:

Code: Select all

.gallery label {
  position: relative;
  float: left;
  margin: 10px;
  padding: 5px;
  width: auto;
  border: 1px solid transparent;
  text-align: center;
}
A copy of cp.css, or an override in a custom.css file, can be included in any style. So, if you want to change it in any custom style (or even in Prosilver itself) it is a trivial issue to solve.

As I said, I have tested it live, which is simply a matter of inserting custom CSS after the default CSS. That is all the document inspector does when you test changes there. The same principle will work in any custom style, and it only requires a few lines of code.

And sure, the same CSS changes could (and probably should) be included in some future version of phpBB. It's still an easy issue for any custom style author to solve in the meantime.
GTI
Name: Laura

Post by GTI »

Tastenplayer wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:18 pm Yes Gumboots, but it's a future of the phpBB forum software and not something you can do much (shoud do much) about as a style developer.
That's probably why a lot of the styles in the CDB look like prosilver with a few colour changes.

Gumboots wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:31 pm the same CSS changes could (and probably should) be included in some future version of phpBB. It's still an easy issue for any custom style author to solve in the meantime.
Gumboots is right, a style author should be wanting to style things to suit the design of their style. If something isn't functioning correctly but can be easily fixed - don't just ignore it because it's not right in prosilver either. prosilver is very old and has an excuse.
Most of us will enjoy Christmas in the comfort of our own homes this year, however, sadly, that can't be said for people in the Ukraine who are suffering day after day, due to the Russian invasion.

If you would like to make a small donation to help Ukrainians in their time of need, you can donate to help all Ukrainians via BritishRedCross or you can donate to help the Ukrainian children via Unicef. 🇺🇦 Thank You 🇺🇦

Return to “phpBB Discussion”