ACP not working after upgrading to 3.3.8

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
matjazv

ACP not working after upgrading to 3.3.8

Post by matjazv »

Hello,

I just upgraded phpbb from 3.0.11 to 3.3.8, in the process I moved database on new server and did the same with board itself. I followed the procedure described here https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... /upgrade3/ in detail.

Everything worked fine, except that on new instalation I don't get link to the ACP link at the bottom of page. If I try with URL "adm/index.php?sid=b83b8...." I get "Access to the Administration Control Panel is not allowed as you do not have administrative permissions." message - which is clearly wrong - my user (should) have admin permissions.

About enviro:
IIS 10, PHP 8.1.2, db is 10.6.5-MariaDB

Any suggestions please?
[Dimetrodon]

Re: ACP not working after upgrading to 3.3.8

Post by [Dimetrodon] »

Hello.

Are you logged in or getting logged out immediately? Trying to access the admin panel as a guest will result in that same error. If for some reason, your account has been truly stripped of Administrative permissions, you can try to create an emergency founder account using the method quoted below: viewtopic.php?p=15482161#p15482161
stevemaury wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:45 am In phpMyAdmin, run the following, which will create an admin user named Admin1 with a password of admin. From that point you should be able to get into the ACP.

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO phpbb_users (user_type, group_id, username, username_clean, user_regdate, user_password, user_email, user_lang, user_style, user_rank, user_colour, user_posts, user_permissions, user_ip, user_birthday, user_lastpage, user_last_confirm_key, user_post_sortby_type, user_post_sortby_dir, user_topic_sortby_type, user_topic_sortby_dir, user_avatar, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_jabber, user_actkey, user_newpasswd) VALUES (3, 5, 'Admin1', 'admin1', 0, '21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3', '[email protected]', 'en', 1, 1, 'AA0000', 1, '', '', '', '', '', 't', 'a', 't', 'd', '', '', '', '', '', '');
Change your table prefix if it is not phpbb_

See Executing SQL Queries in phpMyAdmin if you are unfamiliar with running database queries.

As soon as you have done this, use the temporary admin account to change the details on the original admin account, then delete the temporary account.
This is because:
  1. anyone could use that account to log in to your board if you didn't change the password.
  2. this temporary user has not been fully set up (e.g. it is not a member of the "Registered users" group, so it won't have normal access to your forums).
To remove the account you will first need to remove ???founder??? status from it: ACP > USERS AND GROUPS tab > Manage Users > Admin1 > Overview > Founder = No
Just make sure to make sure your personal account has the option for Founder checked yes.
matjazv

Post by matjazv »

Thank you very much for you post.
However your workaround does not work for me. I'm using ldap authentication and login with user admin1 didn't worked - even when I changed auth method in table phpbb_config to "db".
So I returned to original installation and added admin1 user there, changed auth method to db (in ACP) and then moved database and required directories to new server. Now I can login with admin1 user, but it still says that "Access to the Administration Control Panel is not allowed as you do not have administrative permissions." Which is actually true when checking Usergroups in User control panel. Is there a way to join an admin1 account to administrators group directly in database?
janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal »

table ....._users => search admin1 change "user_type" to 3 (founder)
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
matjazv

Post by matjazv »

janus_zonstraal wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:33 pm table ....._users => search admin1 change "user_type" to 3 (founder)
User type is already set to 3...
janus_zonstraal

Please post the Support Request Template to provide us more info.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

matjazv wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:58 am Everything worked fine, except that on new instalation I don't get link to the ACP link at the bottom of page. If I try with URL "adm/index.php?sid=b83b8...." I get "Access to the Administration Control Panel is not allowed as you do not have administrative permissions." message - which is clearly wrong - my user (should) have admin permissions.
This can happen if you're still referring to data on the previous host (e.g. persistent cookies, cookie_secure, SSL, path).
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
janus_zonstraal

Did you also change domain name?
matjazv

Post by matjazv »

janus_zonstraal wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:55 pm Did you also change domain name?
yes, FQDN is now bb.domain.com - previous was phpbb.domain.com. But I changed server_name in phpbb_config table to new fqdn
janus_zonstraal

Change your cookies in the database as warmweer wrote.
Or maybe you can login with a other browser or in private mode.
matjazv

Post by matjazv »

janus_zonstraal wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:39 pm Change your cookies in the database as warmweer wrote.
Or maybe you can login with a other browser or in private mode.
Login in browser private mode. No changes... can you point out where in phpbb_config are settings for persistent cookies, cookie_secure, SSL, path?
janus_zonstraal

Search for
cookie_domain
cookie_name
cookie_notice
cookie_path
cookie_secure
matjazv

Post by matjazv »

janus_zonstraal wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:54 pm Search for
cookie_domain
cookie_name
cookie_notice
cookie_path
cookie_secure
Hi, I check settings, in cookie_domain is new value corresponding to board fqdn, cookie_name is different than on old board, cookie_path an cookie_secure are both (old and new board) set to "/" and "0". I don't have field cookie_notice anywhere...

This has become really frustrating... I see that user is in administrator group, but there is no ACP available... se image below:
Screenshot 2022-11-11 091416.png
janus_zonstraal

What style is that?
Can you switch to the standard prosilver?
matjazv

Post by matjazv »

janus_zonstraal wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:30 am What style is that?
Can you switch to the standard prosilver?
This is standard prosilver... see image - this is setting before exporting to new board.
Screenshot 2022-11-11 093500.png

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”