Attachment ids not numbering correctly

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Bruce Banner

Attachment ids not numbering correctly

Post by Bruce Banner »

The first attachment you upload is supposed to be numbered 0, right? And then 1 and then on from there every time you upload a new one. That was the way they were working on a test forum I had a few days ago. Every time I'd upload a new one, I'd see that when I placed it inline in a post, the id number kept going up by one. At one point, I uploaded two attachments and placed them both inline and they were numbered 6 and 7. But now, for some bizarre reason, every time I create a new post and upload an attachment, when I place it inline, it just keeps getting numbered 0 all the time, no matter how many attachments I've uploaded with previous posts. And if I upload two at the same time, the one I upload first gets numbered 1 and the second one gets numbered 0, as if the second one is the first. What could be wrong?
Last edited by Mick on Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Solved.
Bruce Banner

Re: Attachment ids not numbering correctly

Post by Bruce Banner »

Oops, made a mistake. Never mind about files getting numbered 0 all the time. Apparently, that's standard. It was an extension I was using that was numbering them based on how many I'd uploaded. Didn't realise until now. But I'm still curious as to why when I upload two files at the same time and place them both inline, the second file gets numbered 0 while the first gets numbered 1. Why isn't it the other way around?
Bruce Banner

Re: Attachment ids not numbering correctly

Post by Bruce Banner »

Sorry, just delete this topic entirely. I've just realised this whole problem has to do with an extension. I'll try to get help from the author.

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”