Is it possible to integrate Tidio-Chat into pHp-Board?

Need some custom code changes to the phpBB core simple enough that you feel doesn't require an extension? Then post your request here so that community members can provide some assistance.

NOTE: NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT IS PROVIDED IN THIS SUB-FORUM
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT IS PROVIDED IN THIS SUB-FORUM
brah

Re: Is it possible to integrate Tidio-Chat into pHp-Board?

Post by brah »

Dearest warmweer,

thank you just so, so much for your kind attention! You must know, that I am currently quite aged with my 56 years and used to program in basic, when was up to it some 30 years ago ;-) . Nevertheless, I did my homepage in html with the help of Adobe's „GoLive 5.0“.

I do have some – for you probably very dumb and simple questions, regarding my current problem:

1. I have stored „overall_footer.html“ and „overall_footer_2.html“ under the URLS https://brahbata.space/board/styles/Bla ... ooter.html“ and https://brahbata.space/board/styles/Bla ... ter_2.html“.

I already changed in the tags the NAMES from „Blackboard“ and „FanFanlaTuFlippe“ to „Spirits-Board“ and „brahbata“, but didn't put in an URL, the program seems to request, cause I do not know, what URL I have to do put in. Currently in the script is an offline desktop URL given in, which probably doesn't make no sense.

Please, Sir: With the knowledge given to you, what URL should I replace the desktop URL with to the BlackBoard? Please do notice, that I really didn't „create“ a complete new design of the board, but just changed the css colour styles to my „star design“, while the URLS are still „blackboard urls“.

Please, dear Sir, could you please help me, getting this done? Unfortunately, I must tell you again, that I am an absolute beginner with all this, while using Adobe GoLive 5.0.

Happily waiting for your kind reply, kind regards,

brah :-)
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

brah wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:35 pm ...
Please, Sir: With the knowledge given to you, what URL should I replace the desktop URL with to the BlackBoard? Please do notice, that I really didn't „create“ a complete new design of the board, but just changed the css colour styles to my „star design“, while the URLS are still „blackboard urls“.
Since it's not really a new style but a colour variant, you should leave the credits for FanFanlatulipe and thus also leave the url pointing to Fanfan's site.If you do want to change the url then you should point it to a location where the whole style can be downloaded, or at a minimum a text file containing the edits you made.

Strictly speaking it's not even a new style and IMHO I feel the name should still refer to Blackboard, e.g. Blackboard-Aquarius
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
brah

Post by brah »

Dear Sir warmweer :D

I absolutely agree with that!

As I wrote in my firt posting:
My second question would be: How can I chance the name of board style artist to my name, cause I redesigned it? (I would have asked FanFanLaTuFlippe himself, but unfortunately I am not allowed to mail him. While I would be VERY PLEASED only to be mentioned as "Co-Artist", while he would keep all merits for him/herself.
Please, Sir, may I please ask another humble question?

I am referring to the other question mentioned above: How to integrate the Tidio-Chat into the footer (probably the footer, as I sauppose). The tag must be mentioned right before the </body>-Tag, which I did, but it's not working. Do YOU have any clue, please?

Here's the tag-line:

<script src="//code.tidio.co/0wol6hfvteqn9oxqb5whhjlkjwpus7vh.js" async></script>

how could I get this running please? I've got pHp Version 3.2.8.

Kind Regards,

brah :D
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

Please start a fresh topic for each question it makes it easier to follow different issues.

This topic is entitled: "Is it possible to integrate Tidio-Chat into pHp-Board?" and, as such, anything else is off topic.

You would probably add your code to overall_footer.html, what do the installation instructions for the chat say?
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
brah

Post by brah »

Good morning, dsear Mick :D

thank you a lot for your reminder. That's why I putted my question back to the original theme, as you please may see:
Please, Sir, may I please ask another humble question?

I am referring to the other question mentioned above: How to integrate the Tidio-Chat into the footer (probably the footer, as I sauppose). The tag must be mentioned right before the </body>-Tag, which I did, but it's not working. Do YOU have any clue, please?

Here's the tag-line:

<script src="//code.tidio.co/0wol6hfvteqn9oxqb5whhjlkjwpus7vh.js" async></script>

how could I get this running please? I've got pHp Version 3.2.8.

Kind Regards,

Kind Regards, dear Sir, I will do your request for future beggings, too. :D

brah
brah

Post by brah »

Dear Mick :D

thank you very much for your kind suggestion!

I asked Tidio (chat software) for an explanation. They suggested to put the tag into the boards footer.html, which I did as last tag (as said by Tidio) before </body>, but it's not working. In my other board ( https://brahbata.space/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl ) I did the same in the template and it's working perfectly.

Please, Dear Sir. - you got any clue?

Thanks in advance and kind Regards,

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

By "tag" do you mean a link?
    " - Harmony Cobel
brah

Post by brah »

Good evening dear Mick :D ,

no, I mean a program line in html. It COULD be a link, but also a different command line like "a href" or something else. Tidio advised me to put the program line shown above should be put in as last command before the </body> line. I did that (and also in footer_2.html), but it doesn't work. The footer and footer_2 html documents are the only ones in whole template sub-folder, which got a "</body>"-tag. Tidio suggested me to do so.

I would be very happy, if you would find me a clue for that problem. The Tidio chat is awesome, it's already on the rest of my homepage (like e g. here: https://www.brahbata.space/Der_kleine_Narr_engl.html ) and I would LOVE to have it in my international board as well.

Happy to hear from you, have a fine evening ahead!

Greetings from abroad,

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

Can you post the 'tag' Tidio gave you, in code tags please?
    " - Harmony Cobel
brah

Post by brah »

I already did, two postings ago, dear >Mick:

Code: Select all

Kind regards,

Last edited by Mick on Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Replaced quote with code tags.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

try it without the async at the end. that just doesn't look right to me.

also, try it with https: at the start of the link so it would look like this:

Code: Select all

<script src="https://code.tidio.co/0wol6hfvteqn9oxqb5whhjlkjwpus7vh.js"></script> 
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
brah

Post by brah »

Hi dear Lumpy :D

thank you just so much for your KIND support! But it still isn't working. I still do not have any clue, how to get this done. Hope, you got some further ideas, please?

Kind Regards,

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

Ok, I can't make that work in just a normal web page either. It may be that the code will only work where it was originally created for. In this case your old yabb board.

contact Tidio and set up a new script with them using the info about what website you are trying to use it on.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
brah

Post by brah »

Hi dear Lumpy :D

thanks a LOT for your kind and precious support!

I have sent the overall_footer.html (with code implanted) to Tido and asked them for help. I will keep you informed here.

Thanks a LOT!

Kind Regards, happy weekend,

brah :-)
brah

Post by brah »

Dear Madams and Sirs :D

good evening from abroad!

I just wanted to inform you, that I asked Tidio (the "makers of the chat software") for their help in getting the chat working in the lovely pHp-Board.

Here's their answer:

Kamil (Tidio)

Nov 28, 2022, 18:36 GMT+1
Hey, thanks for writing back.

Unfortunately, we're not familiar with PHP as it's not something we do daily, and after doing some more research, I have to say that I'll be unable to help you add a chat to the PHP code.
This is out of our scope, and my research couldn't help me.

Please accept my deepest apologies.

Best regards,
So, if YOU would have an additional clue, I would be VERY HAPPY.

Kind Regards,

Return to “phpBB Custom Coding”