I get the error that the url is not in Google in the url control in Google Search Console

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Ercan Yılın

I get the error that the url is not in Google in the url control in Google Search Console

Post by Ercan Yılın »

I get the error that the url is not in Google in the url control in Google Search Console. When I try to index it, it gives the error that the url is not available to Google. It also gives this error; Page cannot be indexed: Soft 404. How can I fix it?
Last edited by Mick on Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Solved.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: I get the error that the url is not in Google in the url control in Google Search Console

Post by KevC »

Have you given the bot group access permissions in forum?

permissions
group forum permissions
bots
select the forums you want
bot access
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
Ercan Yılın

Re: I get the error that the url is not in Google in the url control in Google Search Console

Post by Ercan Yılın »

KevC wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:03 pmHave you given the bot group access permissions in forum?
I did what you said and it worked. Thank you very much. But when I type the address of my forum into google search engine, my forum does not appear in google web results. What can I do to make the forum appear in google web results?
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

wait. also you can create lots of content relevant to the subject of your board.

google really mainly cares about relevant content when ranking a website.
if your website is online, google will eventually find it and it will show up in the search. however, it does not happen quickly. It sometimes can take
months. be patient and worry about getting members and posts so google has something to look at.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Ercan Yılın

Post by Ercan Yılın »

Okay thank you.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

Also, no one types urls into Google. They are looking for urls by searching for CONTENT.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”