looking for a actual uncensored search engine

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
Methen

looking for a actual uncensored search engine

Post by Methen »

Does any one know of any true uncensored search engines if you do not want to say here you can pm me,also what the heck is going up with duckduckgo they no longer have image video or any thing lile that any more its just text
P_I
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Re: looking for a actual uncensored search engine

Post by P_I »

Very similar to viewtopic.php?t=2626111 and therefore closing.
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
[Dimetrodon]

Post by [Dimetrodon] »

Methen wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:19 pm Does any one know of any true uncensored search engines if you do not want to say here you can pm me,also what the heck is going up with duckduckgo they no longer have image video or any thing lile that any more its just text
These may be of some use: https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/13-altern ... ogle-cant/

I don't think you'd find something with zero "censorship" as some things are just obscene, if not illegal.
Methen

Post by Methen »

[Dimetrodon] wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:49 pm
Methen wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:19 pm Does any one know of any true uncensored search engines if you do not want to say here you can pm me,also what the heck is going up with duckduckgo they no longer have image video or any thing lile that any more its just text
These may be of some use: https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/13-altern ... ogle-cant/

I don't think you'd find something with zero "censorship" as some things are just obscene, if not illegal.
already checked some of thoseout nothing but crap.

You know places duckduck go advertise their self as non censoring and they flat out do censor it seems to me that if a company is doing that they should be able to be sued for false advertising for that is exactly what they are doing.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

Methen wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:59 pm already checked some of thoseout nothing but crap.
So you want the crap censored ?

Maybe you would get a better answer if you told us exactly what you don't want censored...
[Dimetrodon]

Post by [Dimetrodon] »

Methen wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:59 pm You know places duckduck go advertise their self as non censoring and they flat out do censor it seems to me that if a company is doing that they should be able to be sued for false advertising for that is exactly what they are doing.
Your lawsuit would probably be without merit, not to mention that DuckDuckGo advertises privacy, not an extreme ideal of "non-censorship" that cannot exist anywhere.
https://www.vox.com/recode/22981115/duc ... ivacy-oops
Vox wrote:Many on the right adopted it as their pro-free-speech search engine of choice, a mission DuckDuckGo never actually had but had now, somehow, violated.
They never committed themselves to be a 4chan-teir search engine.

Is there cases of actual censorship? Yes, but you seem to think any rule is "censorship" regardless of practicality.
Methen

Post by Methen »

[Dimetrodon] wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:31 pm
Methen wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:59 pm You know places duckduck go advertise their self as non censoring and they flat out do censor it seems to me that if a company is doing that they should be able to be sued for false advertising for that is exactly what they are doing.
Your lawsuit would probably be without merit, not to mention that DuckDuckGo advertises privacy, not an extreme ideal of "non-censorship" that cannot exist anywhere.
https://www.vox.com/recode/22981115/duc ... ivacy-oops
Vox wrote:Many on the right adopted it as their pro-free-speech search engine of choice, a mission DuckDuckGo never actually had but had now, somehow, violated.
They never committed themselves to be a 4chan-teir search engine.

Is there cases of actual censorship? Yes, but you seem to think any rule is "censorship" regardless of practicality.
No but they have for years advertised their self's as a search engine that does not censor and are totally dedicated to protecting your privacy .Do not know about the privacy thing but they sure as hell have have never lived up to their reputation of being censor free that is for certain.
[Dimetrodon]

Post by [Dimetrodon] »

As stated, that's not their mission. Their mission is privacy, ie., not being a search engine that takes your personal information and sells it.
Methen

Post by Methen »

Well once again people turned a post into something that is was not all I wanted to know is if any know a search engine that does not censored that was all I wanted to know.
[Dimetrodon]

Post by [Dimetrodon] »

Methen wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:07 pm Well once again people turned a post into something that is was not all I wanted to know is if any know a search engine that does not censored that was all I wanted to know.
Again, what do you not want to be censored? Since you use the term very loosly, I doubt there's a single site on the entire internet that meets your criteria.
Methen

Post by Methen »

Brf wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:28 pm
Methen wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:59 pm already checked some of thoseout nothing but crap.
So you want the crap censored ?

Maybe you would get a better answer if you told us exactly what you don't want censored...
No I want the crap to be uncensored so every one can get a good smell :P
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin »

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/13-altern ... ogle-cant/

Of course any search engine is only as good/bad as its database and algorithms and has its own priorities when displaying any results.

... or of course you could always write your own
[Dimetrodon]

Post by [Dimetrodon] »

Large sites need to pay their bills, that means advertizers, which means that they can't host things most people would find obscene. So all search engines will have a minimum standard of what they will not show.

Not to mention that they have to comply with many countries' laws.

Some censor more than others, and some for completely unjustified reasons (like political bias), but they all "censor," and there are justified reasons for doing so.
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

Have you searched “is there a none censored search engine”?

Have you seen The Onion Browser/The Onion Routing project?
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
[Dimetrodon]

Post by [Dimetrodon] »

Yeah, he can use Tor Browser and try to access .onion sites. Some search engines there may be as close to uncensored as possible, though try to stay away from the scams and illegal content that lurks there.

Return to “General Discussion”