I imagined my entry into the community of phpBB.com differently

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
Selene310187
Name: Carina

I imagined my entry into the community of phpBB.com differently

Post by Selene310187 »

Hi everyone!

My initial plan was getting used to the forum before I write my first post. Then I would gather more knowledge in coding in phpBB so that I can help the users on this site. Because helping people belongs to the core of my personality. I love learning new stuff and can be very curious which has its advantages and disadvantages.

Yes, this sounds quite positive at a first glance and what I wrote is still true. You’ve read the title of the thread and I will come to that now. Please note that next paragraphs may appear as reproaches but they are just statements, nothing more ;)

It’s not the first time I did register on phpBB.com. Last week, on Dec 7, 2022, I registered on the same user name (Selene310187), a user name that I use for various purposes since 2006 (I have other user names as well but this one is my main one worldwide).

About one hour after my registration on phpBB.com I couldn’t see the topics/posts in the forums of phpBB.com anymore. They were replaced with the message: “The board has no forums”. And I lost access to my private messages as well.

From Dec 7 to Dec 9, I wrote one message each to the staff of phpBB.com to describe my problem and asking for help. The messages were not answered.

On Dec 12, I noticed that my account got deleted. I wrote a fourth message to find out why this happened - I still got no reply.

How would you feel when you learn that your account got deleted the next day? I was clueless what to do next fearing that a new account will be deleted again due to reasons which are still unknown to me.

So I messaged a good friend of mine asking him what he thinks about the recent occurrences. He answered that it can't get any worse.

And as you are reading this thread, I indeed started my second try on becoming a member of the community of phpBB.com.
Kailey
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Kailey Snay

Re: I imagined my entry into the community of phpBB.com differently

Post by Kailey »

Hello,

First and foremost, welcome to the community!

I'm sorry your initial registration with the site was not as welcoming as I'm sure you'd hoped. For that, I'd like to apologize and ask that you give this community a chance to redeem itself.
Selene310187 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:45 pm From Dec 7 to Dec 9, I wrote one message each to the staff of phpBB.com to describe my problem and asking for help. The messages were not answered.
I have checked my inbox and I do not have a PM from you. Please PM me a copy of the message that was sent and where it was sent to.

As for what happened, it appears your original account got mixed in with a group of users that were pruned. This should not have happened and as a result, I will be working with the rest of the teams to ensure this does not happen again. Once again, my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience.

If you need anything at all, my PM inbox is open, and I welcome you to reach out to me if you have any questions or concerns.

Best regards,
Kailey
Kailey Snay - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Community rules

If you have any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to send me a PM.
Selene310187

Post by Selene310187 »

I already assumed that it could be a technical problem. First, I thought that my permissions in the forum got corrupted. Then, after the deletion of my account, the problem must be somewhere else. I never thought of pruning, although I know that this feature exists. I didn't have to use it on my young forum yet (it's still pretty small but it is growing steadily; started it about 2 months ago). Is it ok if I mention the name of the forum in this thread?

All four messages weren't sent via PM (I have lost access to PMs as well which also includes writing them). I used the contact form via "Contact us". I sent the first two messages while I was logged in, the third one and forth one while I was logged out using two different email addresses. Only the messages which I sent while I was logging in allowed me to send a copy of the messages to myself. That's why I pasted the text of the other two messages inside two separate documents on my computer mentioning the day I sent the message. I will send them to you in a moment.
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

Selene310187 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:06 pmIs it ok if I mention the name of the forum in this topic?
You can put it in your profile.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
Kailey
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Kailey Snay

Post by Kailey »

Selene310187 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:06 pm Is it ok if I mention the name of the forum in this thread?
Since it's not in the context of support, linking it in this topic would not be allowed. You are welcome to link to your board in your signature though, which will be displayed with each post. ;)
Kailey Snay - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Community rules

If you have any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to send me a PM.
Selene310187

Post by Selene310187 »

Mick wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:17 pm
Selene310187 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:06 pmIs it ok if I mention the name of the forum in this topic?
You can put it in your profile.
I'm running three sites but I can only include one website link in the profile. So I choose one of my personal sites which also links to the forum :mrgreen:.
Kailey wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:17 pm Since it's not in the context of support, linking it in this topic would not be allowed. You are welcome to link to your board in your signature though, which will be displayed with each post. ;)
Thanks for the tip :)

Return to “General Discussion”