A couple questions

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
michaelcrook

A couple questions

Post by michaelcrook »

I am new to this software and I have researched answers to my questions, but I've come up empty...

1.) I uploaded a smiley pack into the smiley directory and I've ensured that I have a .pak file. When I go into admin, it says there are no smiley packs.

2.) It is not recognizing my language files. I have uploaded two languages into that directory yet phpBB only recognizes the default and I can't seem to find a way to "force" it through.

3.) I use StatCounter for my web stats. Is there a way for to inject HTML code so that I can monitor my board's stats?

Strictly for diagnostic purposes, my BBS is http://www.michaelcrook.org/forums

These are my biggest challenges. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
bikeridr

Re: A couple questions

Post by bikeridr »

1.) Are you sure the smiley pack is compatible with your style?
Also, do you have any conflicting extensions enabeled? I know that on my forum, the smiley pack is not compatible with the image rotation extension.
2.) After uploading your language pack(s), have you installed/activated them via the "Language Management" under the "Customise" tab?
3.) Don't know. I'm not familiar with the StatCounter extension.
michaelcrook

Post by michaelcrook »

bikeridr wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:40 pm 1.) Are you sure the smiley pack is compatible with your style?
Also, do you have any conflicting extensions enabeled? I know that on my forum, the smiley pack is not compatible with the image rotation extension.
2.) After uploading your language pack(s), have you installed/activated them via the "Language Management" under the "Customise" tab?
3.) Don't know. I'm not familiar with the StatCounter extension.
I did make sure that they're compatible and that's what's so frustrating.

I have no extensions at this time.

I don't see that option under customise. It only offers the option to modify extensions.

StatCounter is not an extension. It's a free website where webmasters can got a pretty good read on what's going on their website (no I do not work for them and I wasn't paid to say that).
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

Might help if you said which smilie pack and which language packs.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Use of unnecessary violence in the apprehension of the Blues Brothers has been approved"
michaelcrook

Post by michaelcrook »

KevC wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:57 pm Might help if you said which smilie pack and which language packs.
Dutch Honorifics and French.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

Have you uploaded them to the right place?

For instance if I go here (language/en)
https://www.michaelcrook.org/forums/language/en/email/forum_notify.txt
I can see that file.

But if I go to where the French equivalent should be (language/fr)
https://www.michaelcrook.org/forums/language/fr/email/forum_notify.txt
I get nothing
"Use of unnecessary violence in the apprehension of the Blues Brothers has been approved"
bikeridr

Post by bikeridr »

michaelcrook wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:49 pm I don't see that option under customise. It only offers the option to modify extensions.
You don't have this in your customise tab? Lower left side?
Language_Packs.png
Language_Packs.png (11.15 KiB) Viewed 746 times
michaelcrook

Post by michaelcrook »

bikeridr wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:11 pm
michaelcrook wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:49 pm I don't see that option under customise. It only offers the option to modify extensions.
Language_Packs.png
Nothing like that at all. I've tried several different ways with no luck. It's just not recognizing any language pack except the default.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

is your admin user account a founder account?
if not you will not have full access to some parts of the admin panel.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
michaelcrook

Post by michaelcrook »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:29 am is your admin user account a founder account?

robert
I have created two admin accounts and I yield the same frustrating results. It's the same as not being able to inject StatCounter code. But as for the problem at hand, I have tried other language packs, ensuring that I am using the proper pack.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

Post a screenshot of your FTP window showing where the language packs are because that French one still does not seem to be where it should be.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

two admin acounts is fine but if neither one of them is a founder account you will not have full access to the admin panel.
your post above that you do not see the section mentioned leads me to believe that the account you are logging into the admin panel with
may not be a founder admin account.

just a thought.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
bikeridr

Post by bikeridr »

bikeridr wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:11 pm
Language_Packs.png
I have a "mock" forum, parallell to my "rea"l forum where I've made several accounts. Both with "founder" amd without. The language pack sectrion is visible to all "admin" accounts.
If you don't see the language section, something is severely wrong with your setup.
All the admins, founder or not, should have the language setup in their ACP panel, as indicated in my picture above.
michaelcrook

Post by michaelcrook »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:29 am is your admin user account a founder account?

robert
You were right. I was using my admin account. I logged into the founder account and I can now see it. Thank you.

Does anyone else know what file I need to edit to put HTML into the code so my stats can run?

Thanks for all the help, everyone.
janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal »

Does anyone else know what file I need to edit to put HTML into the code so my stats can run?
Most likely into the /styles/your style/template/overall_footer.html
Or much better, use a extension.
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... analytics/
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”