Unable to create new or add more than one category

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
4mpb5

Unable to create new or add more than one category

Post by 4mpb5 »

I am using 3.3.9
I was able to add one more category & all users with proper persissions can see it in board index
But when I created a third category it accepts teh creation but won't show up in forum index ( I have enough forum permissions for it to shwo up)

Also how do I add a second category in existing forums ? (I have a forum that shows 6 separate boxes (like categories) in addition to the default category that comes with initial install but I have no idea I did that LOL

See 2 attachemnt
This attachment beloe shows the 2 categories I created successfully in two separate boxes
2 categories.jpg
2 categories.jpg (10.04 KiB) Viewed 352 times
The attachment below shows what was accepted for adding another category (3rd one) as below but it is not visible on Board index (I have enough permissios)
cat 3.jpg
The screenshot above shows the same setup I used for adding second category successfully
Last edited by 4mpb5 on Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Unable to create new or add more than one category

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

do you have any forums created under the category that is not showing?

If i remember correctly, you have to have at least one forum inside a category before it will show up on the page.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
ssl
Name: Fred Rimbert

Post by ssl »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:31 am If i remember correctly, you have to have at least one forum inside a category before it will show up on the page.
It is an obligation otherwise the category will not appear on the index
Sorry for my English ... I do my best!

phpBB: 3.3.9 | PHP: 8.1.12
[GitHub] - [Kill spam on phpBB] - [Some French translation of extensions]
4mpb5

Post by 4mpb5 »

Thanks Sal & Lumpy. That was exactly the problem. The new categories reappeared in a separate box after I added a forum under them

But FYI I noticed some odd things
If there is only one category, the Category option does not seem to appear under the drop down at the very top of the page where you can edit or create a new forum. But the category option reappears at the top of the list if you convert any forum (in the only category that exists) into a second category by turning a sub forum into a forum. I think this is is what happened when I said I was able to create 6 or 7 categories but I do not know how I did it. Now I know

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”