Upgrade from phpBB 3.2.11 to phpBB 3.3.9 error.

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
manigopal

Upgrade from phpBB 3.2.11 to phpBB 3.3.9 error.

Post by manigopal »

Tried to upgrade from phpBB 3.2.11 to phpBB 3.3.9 shows me error.

I followed all the steps mentioned, https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... upgrade32/

I tried different methods like direct install i.e localhost/myboard/install
also with php ./bin/phpbbcli.php db:migrate --safe-mode using CLi but i get the error.

PHP Fatal error: SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]<br /><br />Field 'user_id' doesn't have a default value [1364]<br /><br />An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the <a href="mailto:[email protected]">Board Administrator</a> if this problem persists. in C:\xampp\htdocs\myboard\phpbb\db\driver\driver.php on line 1023

P.s : myBoard runs with xampp php 7.0.9 for phpBB 3.2.11 & for phpBB 3.3.9 i tried with xampp php 7.3.27
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Re: Upgrade from phpBB 3.2.11 to phpBB 3.3.9 error.

Post by warmweer »

field user_id in which table?
In phpbb_users the field doesn't have a default value but it isn't needed as it's AUTOINCREMENT

Does the 3.2.11 have extensions? (in which state?).
Use the SRTto provide more info.
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
MarkDHamill

Re: Upgrade from phpBB 3.2.11 to phpBB 3.3.9 error.

Post by MarkDHamill »

You can use a tool like phpMyAdmin to check the phpbb_users table and its attributes. Use the Structure tab and then select the Change action for the user_id column. If the A_I (auto increment) checkbox is not checked, check it. Then submit the form. That should fix it.

As mentioned, user_id is a foreign key in many tables so the problem may be with another table, but probably not based on your symptoms.
Need phpBB services or a phpBB consultant? I offer most phpBB services. Getting lost managing phpBB? Buy my book, Mastering phpBB Administration. Covers through phpBB 3.3.7. eBook and paper versions available.

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”