ext detect double or multiple accounts by IP

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Scam Warning
BF79
Name: Fouad B

ext detect double or multiple accounts by IP

Post by BF79 »

Hello guys ! :)
any chance to see this idea in phpbb ?
admin can set if ext notif multiple accounts by full ip adresse or ip range as exp 41.97.132.* 41.97.*.* / also set ignore double ip after x time exp 3days.. 10days...
if I set full ip / less than 3 days
I will receive notification on my Administration Control Panel or better on forum directly
member X and member Y login with the same
if member x and member Y login with the same after 3 days.. the extension will ignore and no notifcation receive
I just take 3 as example admin can set 1 day or even 30 days..

THANK YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tread

Re: ext detect double or multiple accounts by IP

Post by Tread »

Thought i'l post this here before some one says not possible.
Screenshot from 2023-01-30 14-38-31.png
Not been released yet but works 100% so far in testing.
Screenshot from 2023-01-30 14-43-18.png
Screenshot from 2023-01-30 14-43-18.png (6.85 KiB) Viewed 1286 times
Here is an double account ext but its not the best https://www.phpbb-work.ru/double-accoun ... t-t92.html
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

keep in mind that IP addresses are not a very good sign of people making duplicate accounts.
many times you can have one IP address today and then someone else may have that same IP address tomorrow.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
BF79

Post by BF79 »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:46 pm keep in mind that IP addresses are not a very good sign of people making duplicate accounts.
many times you can have one IP address today and then someone else may have that same IP address tomorrow.

robert
well bro..
maybe you didnt understand me very well..
I am not talking about member when he register twice with same ip...
ip address for me today and for another person tomorrow both members in same forum.. yeah maybe.. but its very RARE!!! otherwise why all forums software contain Ban ip address in their Administration Control Panel ??

when I receive notification that two members have the same ip.. doesnt mean I will bann him or close one account.. NO !! admin will check the both activities in forums posts topics.. I wait if it will happen again in coming days to be sure it same one ..
BF79

Post by BF79 »

Tread wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:39 pm Thought i'l post this here before some one says not possible.

Here is an double account ext but its not the best https://www.phpbb-work.ru/double-accoun ... t-t92.html
this ext is for new register..doesnt allow new members register twice..
its not my idea of request.. my idea its just inform admin about double accout with same ip login :)
danieltj
Name: Daniel James

Post by danieltj »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:46 pm keep in mind that IP addresses are not a very good sign of people making duplicate accounts.

robert
That’s not strictly true.

Whilst most peoples internet providers rotate IP addresses and an address may not stick around for very long (days or weeks), it’s still a good indicator to see an individual navigate your forum.

Besides, phpBB tracks the IP address of all users on the forum so even if you change your address there will be that audit trail that you’ve used an account with a specific address.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

BF79 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:18 pm ...my idea its just inform admin about double accout with same ip login :)
It's not necessarily a double account. (just call it accounts using the same IP)
A proper check for double accounts requires a lot more than just IP. (and isn't foolproof anyway)
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
Tread

Post by Tread »

BF79 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:18 pm
Tread wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:39 pm Thought i'l post this here before some one says not possible.

its not my idea of request.. my idea its just inform admin about double accout with same ip login :)
Then use the link i posted too it will inform you of a double account with info.
BF79

Post by BF79 »

warmweer wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:01 pm
BF79 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:18 pm ...my idea its just inform admin about double accout with same ip login :)
It's not necessarily a double account. (just call it accounts using the same IP)
A proper check for double accounts requires a lot more than just IP. (and isn't foolproof anyway)
account using the same IP !! yep ;)
BF79

Post by BF79 »

Tread wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:33 pm
BF79 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:18 pm
Then use the link i posted too it will inform you of a double account with info.
good ext bro but will work with phpbb 3.3 ?? as its old from 2015 ??

I translate it

“Detects and prevents cloning of accounts by the same forum members (multi-registrations / multi-registrations / duplicates / clones). Is my portmod for phpBB 3.0.x. For those who install for the first time: read the paragraph "Important notes about the detection of clones by Cookie" at the link of the mod.

Supported versions of phpBB : 3.1.x , 3.2.x , 3.3.x

phpbb3-ext-double-account-preventer-1.0.3.zip
(42.02 KB) Downloads: 1733

Installation and configuration:

Unzip and upload the contents of the archive to the ext folder in the root of the forum, then enable the extension in the "Personalization" tab in the administrator section and configure in the "Extension settings" by choosing the options you need. To clear the list of possible clones, the user must be given the global administrative right "Can clear the list of clones", which is located on the "Miscellaneous" tab. For phpBB version below 3.1.3 , this extension is not installed, because. only in this version the necessary functions for its operation appeared.

Opportunities and a brief job description:

Each user's browser (cookie) contains data about his account, under which he first registered or logged in. With each registration or entry to the forum, this data will be checked, and if they do not match the data under which the user registers again or logs in, the mod will conclude that this is a clone, which will notify you in all ways selected for this in the settings .
The same principle is used for the ban, which externally functions exactly the same as a normal ban. There is a separate page "Cookie ban" in the admin panel of the mod. The difference between a cookie ban and a regular ban is that it is not a nickname that is banned, but rather the user's browser. In other words, if the user does not delete cookies in his browser or uses another browser under which he has not previously received a ban, then he will not be able to enter the forum. Instead, it will be immediately thrown out - both at the first moment after the ban, and immediately after entering, showing the corresponding screen: "You are blocked on the forum, contact the administrator to find out the reason.." and the reason for the ban specified in the mod settings.
Keep in mind that the founder cannot be banned - just like in the case of a regular ban. The founder account can log into the forum even if he has a ban cookie in his browser.
There are several degrees of "ban" and the designation of each of them in a separate color. In the "Cookie ban" list, the usernames themselves are highlighted in color, and on other pages of the mod, in order not to conflict with the standard coloring of phpBB nicknames, a corresponding color inscription appears under the name. Users from the black list are marked in red: when entering under this name, a special ban cookie is set in the user's browser, and the browser becomes blocked on the forum until the user clears the cookie, deletes the ban cookie manually, or logs in under an account that is in the white list (green color). The cookie will be set again if he enters under a name from the black list. Users from the white list are highlighted in green: when you log in under this name, the cookie ban in the browser is removed.Please note that if a user has blocked the acceptance of cookies in his browser, enters through an anonymizer of a high degree of anonymity, or enters in some kind of "private browser mode" designed specifically to bypass bans on sites, then a cookie ban will not work for him. But under the name from the black list, he will not be able to enter anyway.
It is possible to prevent registration for users blocked by cookies by enabling the corresponding option in the configuration.
Autoban: when this option is enabled, if a user enters the forum with a ban cookie in the browser, and is not on the whitelist or in the exceptions from the ban check, then the mod is automatically blacklisted. Users who are on the black list cannot log in under their own name in any case, even if they do not have ban cookies in their browser (for example, if someone has cookies completely disabled).
Suspicious login log: when a user enters the forum, the user's ID is checked against the ID stored in the cookie. If they do not match, such an entry is logged and may indicate a clone or an illegal entry under someone else's nickname. In cases where you know for sure that some of the user pairs are not clones, you can add this pair to the exclusion list, after which their logins with each other's data will not be logged.
There are several ways to notify about detected clones: creating a topic on the forum, private messages and email, as well as entering information about suspicious registrations and logins in user notes that will be visible to moderators. When entering into notes, information about identical suspicious entries (committed at different times) will not be duplicated.
Recording of all actions to ban / unban users, incl. autobahn is logged in phpBB logs.”
Last edited by Mick on Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tread

Post by Tread »

I have it working on Board version: 3.3.10-RC1 PHP version: 8.1.14 with no issues.
Crizzo
Translations & International Support Teams Manager
Translations & International Support Teams Manager
Name: Christian

Post by Crizzo »

Why do you not just click on the post information button, which shows the IP address of the poster and other users with the same IP?
My extensions for phpBB: CDB
German phpBB Support at www.phpbb.de
BF79

Post by BF79 »

Crizzo wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:20 am Why do you not just click on the post information button, which shows the IP address of the poster and other users with the same IP?
checking all 30 or 40 posts per day..!!!!!! check 30 posts of yesterday with 20 or 30 post of today .. and tomorrow ... :shock: for you its easy :lol:

honestly !! do you really think that Quick Reply Toggle ext ( validated by the team official Extensions Database Releases) is more usefull then just click post reply !!!!! ...... against what I am requesting :geek: ;)

with big respect to owner of Quick Reply Toggle ext... I already installed this ext in my forum..
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

BF79 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:04 pm honestly !! do you really think that Quick Reply Toggle ext ( validated by the team official Extensions Database Releases) is more usefull then just click post reply !!!!! ...... against what I am requesting :geek: ;)

with big respect to owner of Quick Reply Toggle ext... I already installed this ext in my forum..
I fail to grasp the relevance.

If an extension is validated, it will be by the official (is there another?) Extension Validation Team.
Also, it's not because an extension was validated, that it's an Official phpBB extension. These are maintained by the phpBB Extension staff.
Validated means it was tested functionally and for coding practices (including the logic used).
Of the (currently) 409 validated extensions (not all are for phpBB 3.3.x) only 9 are Official phpBB extensions. see https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... ensions-86
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Return to “Extension Requests”