Fresh Install 3.3.9 - Constantly Getting "The Submitted Form Was Invalid"

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
awesometeam

Fresh Install 3.3.9 - Constantly Getting "The Submitted Form Was Invalid"

Post by awesometeam »

Hey PhpBB Team & Users,

So I got 2 different upwork freelancers to install this on my Cloudways Digital Dreams Ocean Server, and on both tries after they were done and I try to login, I kept getting the "The Submitted Form was Invalid" error.

I also couldn't reset the password associated with the email or the contact form.

The individual who installed it, in the beginning could login, but after they log out and delete their cookies/cache/history they get the same error.

So what is going on :P.

I also tried delete the cache in the cache folders, purging cache on the server side, trying a completely different computer/phone/internet, still same error....

[SOLVED]

Thanks guys.

-----

Old outdated theme [Milk Responsive Theme on ThemeForest], removed it and used new theme, now it's working.
Last edited by awesometeam on Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Re: Fresh Install 3.3.9 - Constantly Getting "The Submitted Form Was Invalid"

Post by warmweer »

milk
style_version = 1.0.2.1
phpbb_version = 3.1.10 ??? :!:

I'm willing to bet that if you use prosilver 339, the problem will have disappeared. (and probably also with Milk_v2 - make sure your style is compatible with the phpBB version :idea:
Last edited by warmweer on Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
awesometeam

Post by awesometeam »

I don't really understand what you're saying.

So should I remove the MILK theme? and what Is Pro Silver 339? - https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... l_edition/ ?

And by style you mean theme, correct?
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

awesometeam wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:02 pm So should I remove the MILK theme? and what Is Pro Silver 339? - https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... l_edition/ ?
That specific milk style version is outdated and should not be used.
prosilver 339 = short for prosilver style for phpBB version 3.3.9 >> see https://forum.easyecom.club/styles/prosilver/style.cfg
You should always use a style version matching the phpBB version.
awesometeam wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:02 pm And by style you mean theme, correct?
No, I mean style, theme is just a part of the style.

Added: actually style version mentioned in the style.cfg is the version of the style and is nothing more than a style version identifier. It's the phpBB version mentioned in the style which should correspond with the board phpBB version.
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
awesometeam

Post by awesometeam »

Thanks mate, Milk Theme was removed and upgraded to Pro Silver. Solved everything :lol:

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”