Can't Log in after URL change

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
DeadlineEm

Can't Log in after URL change

Post by DeadlineEm »

So, I was building my site so i was using a .ga (from freenom) url, I paid for a .com and added it to my hosting, removed the freenom URL and made the .com my main site.

I went to my phpbb installer and noticed it had an update, so i changed the URL to the new URL and hit update. Now, the forum loads, but i cant log in because the acp redirects me to the .ga url instead of the .com.
Last edited by Mick on Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Solved.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Re: Can't Log in after URL change

Post by warmweer »

DeadlineEm wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:03 pm I went to my phpbb installer and noticed it had an update, so i changed the URL to the new URL and hit update. Now, the forum loads, but i cant log in because the acp redirects me to the .ga url instead of the .com.
Did you change cookie settings and server settings?
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
DeadlineEm

Post by DeadlineEm »

Edit: I found the settings in the database, cookie_domain & server_name, changed to the new URL and that fixed it, Thanks!!
Last edited by DeadlineEm on Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

DeadlineEm wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:38 pm I didnt log into my acp to change any of that. is there a way to manually change the main url?
https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... -settings/
Using phpMyAdmin you could even change values manually (also for server URL settings).
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”