Authentication Provider that calls a REST endpoint

For users who wish to pay for specific services from other members.
NOTE: The phpBB team has no responsibility in these services whatsoever. Usage is at your own risk!
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations
READ: Wanted's Forum Rules

NOTE: All contracts and services provided through this forum are at your own responsibility.
The phpBB Teams will NOT deal with disputes resulting from interactions through this forum.
Fhoxish

Authentication Provider that calls a REST endpoint

Post by Fhoxish »

Title/Job Description: Custom authentication provider that calls a REST endpoint on another service

Target audience: (e.g. professionals, hobbyists, students) Looking for a professional to do the work, users are players of Mirage Realms

Reward: (e. g. money, backlinks, fame) Money (negotiable)

Deadline: Negotiable

Preferred contact method: (e.g. PM, e-mail) email / pm / discord

Link to the board: n/a

Detailed description of the tasks:

I am the developer of a cross-platform MMORPG called Mirage Realms (www.miragerealms.co.uk) and I would like my players to be able to use their game accounts to post in the forums. I can see in the phpBB documentation that there is provision for creating Authentication Providers which looks great, the issue however is that I am a Java / Kotlin developer not a php developer :D

Upwork job posting: https://www.upwork.com/jobs/~0112fcb9c0300e87b7
  • I am looking for someone who knows what they are doing to write a custom authentication provider that calls a REST endpoint to verify users.
  • I would like to be able to specify the URL of the REST endpoint that is being called via the authentication UI in the admin panel if at all possible.
  • The REST endpoint that will provide the authentication does not exist yet, I will write that myself according to whatever the authentication provider you produce requires. You will need to explain the endpoint requirements to me as I am unfamiliar with precisely how php works with authentication providers.
  • I am totally happy for the work you produce to be open sourced on your GitHub account, released in extensions, whatever you want after it has been delivered. The code you write still belongs to you 100%, I just want to pay you to write it, then use it :lol:
If you want to talk to me directly and easily, you can join the Discord server of my game (link is on the website). Tag me in #general and I'll add you as a friend (I have to have my discord user locked down else I get thousands of messages from players about god knows what). If you'd prefer to stay at arms length, ping me over an email!

To anyone considering taking this on, thanks very much for your time. If the price is unrealistic, I am open to negotiation. There is scope for more work off of the back of this specific to pulling user information out of endpoints and displaying it on the forums (things like their class, level, etc), but for now I will be over the moon to get authentication working.

I could really use finding someone who has worked with phpbb for long enough to feel confident modding it and is open to small contracts like this as I would like to start developing the online community presence of my game this year and I think a phpbb forum with various integrations to my game service could be a good way to go.

Cheers,
Fhox

Return to “Wanted!”