Only password reset emails are not sending

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
2002XterraSC
Name: Adam Z

Only password reset emails are not sending

Post by 2002XterraSC »

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.3.10
What is your board's URL? https://cntc.ca/phpbb3
Who do you host your board with? self hosted
How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
What is the most recent action performed on your board? Update from a previous version of phpBB3
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? No
Do you have any MODs installed? No
Do you have any extensions installed? Yes
What version of phpBB3 did you update from? phpBB 3.0.14
What extensions do you have installed? Tapatalk, Clipboard Image, Recent Topics, [devspace] Site logo, Spam remover (Disabled, has never actually been used)
What styles do you currently have installed? Prosilver, Prosilver (Dark Edition)
What language(s) is your board currently using? default british english
Which database type/version are you using? MariaDB
What is your level of experience? New to PHP but not phpBB
What actions did you take (updating your board; installing a MOD, style or extension; etc.) prior to this problem becoming noticeable? Upgraded to 3.3.10 and MariaDB 10.3. Using PHP Version 8.0.28 with nginx on rocky linux 8 in a VPS.
Please describe your problem. Postfix is installed on the server where the board is hosted, and test/new registration emails seem to work fine. I have a 10/10 on mail-tester.com so I know it is not a spam issue. I can tail the maillog and can see the test and registration emails going out through there, but when I request a password reset (to any email address) I don't even see it attempting to send at all.

I've tried also to relay it through my exchange server, and directly through amazon SES, the result is all the same. I'm reasonably familiar with phpBB and good with linux, but my day job is a microsoft exchange admin so go easy on me please. :) I did search and found some things but not sure where to start on this one.
Generated by SRT Generator
Last edited by Mick on Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Solved.
2002XterraSC
Name: Adam Z

Re: Only password reset emails are not sending

Post by 2002XterraSC »

Ok as a follow up to this I did find the solution. Reloading php-fpm after purging the cache (not sure why I had to do it in this order) seems to have resolved it. Board is working great now! So if anyone else hosting on nginx/php-fpm has this issue I hope it helps.

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”