links in email templates

Discussion forum for Extension Writers regarding Extension Development.
darakhshan

links in email templates

Post by darakhshan »

Does {U_NEWEST_POST} etc
any thing that has {U-...} in it a link?

Is there a general way to know for sure that any place holder with a character is a link?

Can you please verify this statement?

In phpBB, placeholders that begin with U_ are typically used for URLs. These placeholders are called URL builder functions, and they generate the appropriate URL for a specific action or page in the phpBB forum.

For example, the placeholder {U_TOPIC} generates the URL for the current topic, while {U_LOGIN_LOGOUT} generates the URL for the login/logout page. Similarly, {U_VIEWFORUM} generates the URL for the current forum.

However, not all placeholders that begin with U_ are used for URLs. For example, {U_LANG_SELECT} generates a drop-down list of available languages, but it doesn't generate a URL.

So I suppose that in emails U_ always indicates URL ?
When you stop learning, stop listening, stop looking and asking questions, always new questions, then it is time to die. Lillian Smith :!:
darakhshan

Re: links in email templates

Post by darakhshan »

Did I ask a very difficult question?
When you stop learning, stop listening, stop looking and asking questions, always new questions, then it is time to die. Lillian Smith :!:
GanstaZ

Post by GanstaZ »

You already answered your own question. U_ doesn't mean url.. it means user (i think it was action.. there should be a topic about prefixes somewhere).
Usus est magister optimus! phpBB pre-Triton & latest php environment.
When answer lies in the question, question becomes redundant!
darakhshan

Post by darakhshan »

GanstaZ wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:37 pm You already answered your own question. U_ doesn't mean url.. it means user (i think it was action.. there should be a topic about prefixes somewhere).
U_ in EMAIL template seems to be always a link
GanstaZ

Post by GanstaZ »

And what about it? U_ seems more relevant than S_ or L_ for it. Question you are asking is more about coding guidelines (preferences).
As i already said.. there was a topic about prefixes somewhere on this forum or on area51.
Usus est magister optimus! phpBB pre-Triton & latest php environment.
When answer lies in the question, question becomes redundant!
darakhshan

Post by darakhshan »

Again my question is simple

Are all links in email templates ( I mean clickable links ) in phpbb starting with "U_"

Please give me just one example : a place holder inside email template that is clickable but does not start with "U_"
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

Does the phpBB Coding Guidelines help? If not there’s plenty more documentation on Area51 as previously mentioned.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel

Return to “Extension Writers Discussion”