Topic's First Picture Instead Of topic_read.gif In Topics ?

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Ideas Centre
nickforgotten

Topic's First Picture Instead Of topic_read.gif In Topics ?

Post by nickforgotten »

Hey there!

I'm back again. ;-)
Btw: Text is translated with a translator, so please be kind if there are some mistakes in English grammar!

The last time I worked with phpBB was around 2009. Since then, nothing at all.
But now I would like to deal with it again.
Why?
I want to sort my "home inventory", put things in boxes, take pictures and then catalog everything.
So where is what, how does it look, is it still there, do I have to delete it and so on.

Yes, there are tons of software, but not one of them meets my expectations.

Then I had the idea to work with my old phpBB again, with standalone Apache, own database and so on. (everything on my own pc)
This way I have full control over what happens to my data and have absolutely no need to fear that Apache and phpBB will no longer exist.
Above all I need the strong search function, which can be extended by myself. Because after a long time of memory, you don't know what is called, so you search for keywords.
After all, that's what matters to me!

I plan ahead and have nothing installed yet, because I still have to think about how to do what where. But this is not a problem for me and I want and will use phpBB for my plans.
(It's also just fun to run my own forum again, with which so much more can be organized! ;-) )

About my problem:
We humans are intuitive, want to see everything right away in an overview of what is what.
Like on a Fleamarket: You don't know what you want often/sometimes, but you have an overview of it

My way of thinking is, I first create a forum "Storage Box 01". More will follow of course.
In it then the topics, such as sewing machine, sewing thread (div. Colors), craft wood, screws, craft items which are also stored in titled bags or boxes.

These topics lead a picture. Below then my description or text or whatever.
This first picture should be taken over for the theme preview!

So when I enter the forum "Storage Box 01" I want to see all my topics, with the pictures from the posting instead of the "unread" or "hot topic" avatars.

I try to explain it that way:
Well, the postings are (as far as I remember) simple lists.
And these lists are created with a default image like e.g. phpbb.com/community/styles/prosilver/theme/images/topic_read.gif

And exactly this as well as that gif I want to replace with the first image from this posting.
BUT!
But also bigger, so that I can see something with my old eyes.
(Maybe I don't know, 200x200 px? But that's another story.)

I know that exists and I know I can do it myself, because the "mods" that existed at that time were not really great for it or so so overloaded that I said myself, I do not need something like that.

Unfortunately, all my backup files from nearly 15 years are also gone (of course) that I could have used to guide me.

But I'm sure you know much more than I do by now and can help me with great certainty.

Many thanks in advance!

Sincerely, nickforgotten

EDIT:
It is not really this what I mean: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... e_preview/
But just imagine the first Image of a posting for like "topic_read.gif".
I hope it is better to understand now. ;-)

EDIT #2:
Exactly like this: viewtopic.php?p=14739221#p14739221

Return to “Extension Requests”