Topics with tabs

Need some custom code changes to the phpBB core simple enough that you feel doesn't require an extension? Then post your request here so that community members can provide some assistance.

NOTE: NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT IS PROVIDED IN THIS SUB-FORUM
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT IS PROVIDED IN THIS SUB-FORUM
Hedgehawk

Topics with tabs

Post by Hedgehawk »

Hello Everyone,

I have a bit of a strange question regarding phpBB and I figured I would ask if anyone knows about this before trying to make it work and banging my head against the wall.

I want to create a forum, but within the topics I would like there to be tabs. So that posts are separated based under which tab they fall under. For example, a topic might have a notes tab, a discussion tab and then an images tab. Under each tab would display posts for that tab, but at the bottom would be a reply box that posted to that specific tab.

I hope that makes sense!

I did get a rudimentary version of this working when I was creating a forum from scratch using HTML, PHP and Bootstrap. My approach was that I added a Tab_ID field to my posts table. And each Bootstrap Tab, had a separate PHP/SQL query that only returned posts that matched that topic ID and had the corresponding Tab_ID. It was neat, but of course writing it from scratch meant the code was going to insecure, and I am not programming whiz. phpBB has alot more features than I could ever create, So i was hoping that this might be a more useful starting point.

Return to “phpBB Custom Coding”