NeonCRM as OAuth2 Provider

Looking for an Extension? Have an Extension request? Post your request here for help. (Note: This forum is community supported; while there is an Extensions Development Team, said team does not dedicate itself to handling requests in this forum)
Get Involved
ctucker1984
Name: Chris Tucker

NeonCRM as OAuth2 Provider

Post by ctucker1984 »

Greetings wise ones,

I'm looking to write an extension that will enable NeonCRM as an OAuth2 provider. I work with a lot of non-profits and though relatively niche, it's somewhat common in that world. I'd need the extension to accomplish a few things:
  • Allow an ACP mapping of membership classes in Neon to user groups (via dropdown selects) in phpBB. I need this mapping preserved so likely stored in the DB somehow
  • Validate the user authentication via Neon OAuth2 provider
  • Once validated, hit the Neon API, grab the user's profile, verify an internal account (create one if not), and update it to the corresponding membership group in BB that matches the mapping from Neon
I'm stumbling along and making glacial progress on my own, but any consultation on how to get this thing done would be greatly appreciated. I have some code so far which I'm modeling off of some of the Lusitanian services and am happy to post that here, but wasn't sure I wouldn't be making a massive mess in doings so. I'm also happy to correspond directly and/or share a GitHub repo if that's easier.

Thanks all!

Return to “Extension Requests”