going on public IP

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
dhenzler

going on public IP

Post by dhenzler »

I attempted to port forward my test system to the public IP address. I'm using pfsense firewall. I am forced to NOT use port 80 on the public IP so use a different one. However nothing shows up. Not even "It Works".
I am running phpBB3 on TrueNAS Core in a FreeBSD Jail. I considered that BSD may have a firewall up, however don't think its the default as other projects have gone through without a hitch.
Have any of you had similar situation ?

I'm assuming I'd have to use http://public_IP:port/phpBB3 to get the system...

Dave
Kailey
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Kailey Snay

Re: going on public IP

Post by Kailey »

As with your other topic, this does not appear to be a phpBB issue. You would be better served posting at a site dedicated to TrueNAS or pfsense.
Kailey Snay - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Community rules
If you have any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to send me a PM.

My little corner of the world | Administrator @ phpBB Modders
dhenzler

Post by dhenzler »

I won't argue that it's borderline. But the other folks don't know about phpBB3 so they'll tell me to take a walk. Plus, I dumped Facebook and accessing other services is now difficult.

I'm sure someone here has done what I ask about. The answer is likely simple.

Just not worth my reading a book the size of the unabridged Dictionary.
Toxyy

Post by Toxyy »

dhenzler wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:11 pm But the other folks don't know about phpBB3 so they'll tell me to take a walk.
It's not really phpbb specific, it's about getting your apache/nginx working on the public internet.

Return to “General Discussion”