Email not working

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
Tree Bones

Email not working

Post by Tree Bones »

Email: General setting not sending mail. No error log details. Searched this board, found no answers that helped.
Spent an hour with inmotion support trying every posable setting for SMTP. No luck. Tried all authentication settings, still not working. All information inputted is correct, quadruple checked.
See screenshots of error logs. Support said to speak to a developer.
No problem sending emails from main site. Been trying to solve this issue over the past to weeks.

Thank you for any help.
ss 8.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TreeBones
janus_zonstraal

Re: Email not working

Post by janus_zonstraal »

SMTP username is normally a mailadres
Also try Authenticatiemethode for SMTP: login
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

From your first image it clearly states “Could not get mail server response codes”. Have you shown your host the error codes? Also, by default, “Allow self-signed SSL certificates” is set to no, did you change that for any particular reason? Can you post an image of the General settings of email settings please?
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel©
🇬🇧
Tree Bones

Post by Tree Bones »

Thank You Everyone. :D I did finely get mail to work using SMTP, after many hours of support from the host. Below is the setting that worked. I learned that my web host, Inmotion, will noy allow the PHP mail function.
ss SMTP settings.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TreeBones

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”