PDF as attachment?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.3.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or extension related questions here.
dbrewood
Name: Daron Brewood

PDF as attachment?

Post by dbrewood »

Is there any way to change the attachment system to allow PDF documents to be attached to a post?
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: PDF as attachment?

Post by KevC »

That's been asked a lot over the years.
I just put PDF in the search box top right and got several results. It hasn't changed since 3.0 came out so this is still applicable
viewtopic.php?p=9696525#p9696525
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
P_I
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by P_I »

KevC's post makes it clear that it has always been possible to attached PDF documents to a post. PDFs are already included in the Documents attachment group, which is disabled by default.

Can you clarify the question? Are you want the post to display the attached PDF contents similar to how attached images contents are displayed?
Normal people… believe that if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain’t broke, it doesn’t have enough features yet. – Scott Adams
dbrewood
Name: Daron Brewood

Post by dbrewood »

That worked perfectly! Many thanks!
bennybernaer

Post by bennybernaer »

P_I wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:04 pm Are you want the post to display the attached PDF contents similar to how attached images contents are displayed?
https://phpbbstudio.com/viewforum.php?f=27

Return to “[3.3.x] Support Forum”