Anyone developing arty's styles for 3.3

For support and discussion related to templates and themes in phpBB 3.3.
durangod
Name: Dave

Anyone developing arty's styles for 3.3

Post by durangod »

Hi,

Its been a long time since i was here, i loved arty's styles. I see that arty is no longer a team member.
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5926

Is anyone developing his styles for 3.3 or are they just outdated and no longer being developed.
Username is short for durango dave
cabot

Re: Anyone developing arty's styles for 3.3

Post by cabot »

Hello,

Some of Arty's styles have been ported to 3.3, as you can see at the bottom of this page.

For my part, I've ported Artodia Deluxe but, although the style is functional, I haven't yet finalized some of the details, particularly in responsive. I also played around with one of its older styles, Aeolus.

Is there a particular style you'd like to see revived in 3.3?
CyrusG

Post by CyrusG »

cabot wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:16 am Hello,

Some of Arty's styles have been ported to 3.3, as you can see at the bottom of this page.

For my part, I've ported Artodia Deluxe but, although the style is functional, I haven't yet finalized some of the details, particularly in responsive. I also played around with one of its older styles, Aeolus.

Is there a particular style you'd like to see revived in 3.3?
Hi, any chance you can update this version of theme?

Basic -> https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/style/basic/
cabot

Post by cabot »

Uncompress this archive and upload the folder it contains to the styles/ directory. (I've hosted it on my board, topic ref, as it's not possible to attach a zip file here)

Purge the board cache.

Note that the folder contains only the updated files, not the complete style. Simply overwrite the existing files (in 3.3.2) with the new ones (in 3.3.11).

8-)
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

@Cabot: Good job, I always liked Artys styles and it’s a shame if they’re relegated to the trash. I was a fan of Elegance in the day.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel©
🇬🇧
CyrusG

Post by CyrusG »

cabot wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:29 pm Uncompress this archive and upload the folder it contains to the styles/ directory. (I've hosted it on my board, topic ref, as it's not possible to attach a zip file here)

Purge the board cache.

Note that the folder contains only the updated files, not the complete style. Simply overwrite the existing files (in 3.3.2) with the new ones (in 3.3.11).

8-)
Thanks for the reply and thanks for the upgrade.
durangod

Post by durangod »

I wish there were more styles that used the color picker like arty did so that we can set the colors we want and then download the style with colors already set. I loved the textured backgrounds he used as well, just enough texture to make it unique but not gaudy.

here is an example of one of his old styles and you can see the texture, i dont remember which style this was. Sadly all i have is the image, i dont have the files for this anymore.

oldforum.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cabot

Post by cabot »

Mick wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:09 pm I always liked Artys styles
Imho, Arty made the most beautiful phpBB styles. They were so perfect that most of them have stood the test of time.
CyrusG wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:38 pm Thanks for the reply and thanks for the upgrade.
You're welcome :)
durangod wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:12 pm here is an example of one of his old styles and you can see the texture, i dont remember which style this was. Sadly all i have is the image, i dont have the files for this anymore.
This is the Black style, with a red variation.
The color variation is quite easy to do, as you only need to modify 4 or 5 colors in the scss files before compiling them to obtain the desired rendering.
The main problem I'd have is with the icons, as I don't have a Photoshop license any more, but if you've kept them, I'd be able to redo the style without any problem.
durangod

Post by durangod »

@cabot Here are those arty black theme files (im pretty sure) for the arty black with red, the colorizeit scheme id is in there too. Sadly i think the colorizeit feature is no more, cant find it anywhere in google either.

link removed no longer needed

i think its all there including the icons. If not let me know where i might look for them in the phpbb install backup from that old version and ill find them.

Let me know... thanks so much :)
Last edited by durangod on Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cabot

Post by cabot »

I've updated the Black style to 3.3.11.
Black 3.3.11

The Black Red style, also in 3.3.11, is inherited from Black and requires it to be installed.
Black Red 3.3.11

Topic on my board
CyrusG

Post by CyrusG »

Long shot but hoping for a good answer. Now speaking of this member's style, it would be really nice to see this style with an upgraded version. Are there possibilities for this? Or is the style too old?

Artodia: Helion -> https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... ia_helion/

This style brings back memories when using this and so many others as well.
cabot

Post by cabot »

Anything is possible, you just have to find the time and the motivation.

I can't give you a deadline, but it's an interesting challenge and I like reviving old styles.
CyrusG

Post by CyrusG »

Thanks for the reply and hope for this theme. No stress and take the time it takes. Hope the style is adapted to the latest extensions.

Good job...
durangod

Post by durangod »

Thanks Cabot for revising the black and black red, that is awesome. I hope it was not too much trouble. I really do appreciate it :)
cabot

Post by cabot »

It was just a simple update 3.3.0 => 3.3.11 :)
And rather than update your red style, I preferred to update the original style so that it could be used by everyone, then create a child style for the color variation.

Return to “[3.3.x] Styles Support & Discussion”