Which html file is responsible for the Login/Registration

Need some custom code changes to the phpBB core simple enough that you feel doesn't require an extension? Then post your request here so that community members can provide some assistance.

NOTE: NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT IS PROVIDED IN THIS SUB-FORUM
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTE: NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT IS PROVIDED IN THIS SUB-FORUM
Thunder86

Which html file is responsible for the Login/Registration

Post by Thunder86 »

Which html file is responsible for the following image?
Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 23.40.00.png
The file is needed because I will change the Terms of use & Privacy policy to the overall website version
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by thecoalman on Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to custom coding.
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Re: Which html file is responsible for the Login/Registration

Post by thecoalman »

There is at least one extension for this:

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... ms_of_use/
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison
Thunder86

Post by Thunder86 »

In this particular case there is no need for me to install an extension, because I will just redirect the links and the registration link as well.
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman »

If you want to edit the links generated the answer is the same as it was for your other topic. At the bottom of includes/functions.php is all the common variables. Starting around line 4013

Code: Select all

'U_PRIVATEMSGS'			=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}ucp.$phpEx", 'i=pm&folder=inbox'),
		'U_RETURN_INBOX'		=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}ucp.$phpEx", 'i=pm&folder=inbox'),
		'U_MEMBERLIST'			=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}memberlist.$phpEx"),
		'U_VIEWONLINE'			=> ($auth->acl_gets('u_viewprofile', 'a_user', 'a_useradd', 'a_userdel')) ? append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}viewonline.$phpEx") : '',
		'U_LOGIN_LOGOUT'		=> $u_login_logout,
		'U_INDEX'				=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}index.$phpEx"),
		'U_SEARCH'				=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}search.$phpEx"),
		'U_SITE_HOME'			=> $config['site_home_url'],
		'U_REGISTER'			=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}ucp.$phpEx", 'mode=register'),
		'U_PROFILE'				=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}ucp.$phpEx"),
		'U_USER_PROFILE'		=> get_username_string('profile', $user->data['user_id'], $user->data['username'], $user->data['user_colour']),
		'U_MODCP'				=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}mcp.$phpEx", false, true, $user->session_id),
		'U_FAQ'					=> $controller_helper->route('phpbb_help_faq_controller'),
		'U_SEARCH_SELF'			=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}search.$phpEx", 'search_id=egosearch'),
		'U_SEARCH_NEW'			=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}search.$phpEx", 'search_id=newposts'),
		'U_SEARCH_UNANSWERED'	=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}search.$phpEx", 'search_id=unanswered'),
		'U_SEARCH_UNREAD'		=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}search.$phpEx", 'search_id=unreadposts'),
		'U_SEARCH_ACTIVE_TOPICS'=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}search.$phpEx", 'search_id=active_topics'),
		'U_DELETE_COOKIES'		=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}ucp.$phpEx", 'mode=delete_cookies'),
		'U_CONTACT_US'			=> ($config['contact_admin_form_enable'] && $config['email_enable']) ? append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}memberlist.$phpEx", 'mode=contactadmin') : '',
		'U_TEAM'				=> (!$auth->acl_get('u_viewprofile')) ? '' : append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}memberlist.$phpEx", 'mode=team'),
		'U_TERMS_USE'			=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}ucp.$phpEx", 'mode=terms'),
		'U_PRIVACY'				=> append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}ucp.$phpEx", 'mode=privacy'),
		'UA_PRIVACY'			=> addslashes(append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}ucp.$phpEx", 'mode=privacy')),
		'U_RESTORE_PERMISSIONS'	=> ($user->data['user_perm_from'] && $auth->acl_get('a_switchperm')) ? append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}ucp.$phpEx", 'mode=restore_perm') : '',
		'U_FEED'				=> $controller_helper->route('phpbb_feed_index'),
If you want to find where they are used in template files just search the template file directory for the placeholder. e.g. 'U_TERMS_USE'

Quick tip here, if you are not using a good editor then get one. Among many other things it will allow you to search files in directories for text strings.

https://notepad-plus-plus.org/
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Thunder86

Post by Thunder86 »

Wow that’s even better than changing the html code!

Example:

'U_REGISTER'			=> append_sid("https://mywebsite/registration“),

Will automatically change all register queries and redirect them to the random link I set?
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman »

Don't use the append_sid function.

'U_REGISTER'			=> 'https://mywebsite/registration',
Once again I would just look into using .htaccess redirect. You will need to apply these edits every time you update phpBB. With the .htaccess redirect it should be one time and done.

Thunder86

Post by Thunder86 »

thecoalman wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:32 am Don't use the append_sid function.

'U_REGISTER'			=> 'https://mywebsite/registration',
Once again I would just look into using .htaccess redirect. You will need to apply these edits every time you update phpBB. With the .htaccess redirect it should be one time and done.
I’m afraid .htaccess will cause issues with the w3all integration.

I understood I have to change the Funktion.php after every update but I don’t see another way

Return to “phpBB Custom Coding”