please help (logo change)

For support and discussion related to templates and themes in phpBB 3.3.
dirtyjob

please help (logo change)

Post by dirtyjob »

ok this has probably been said and i have searched but nothing has helped me yet, all i want to do is change the image on the top of my forum to a custom image, like up top on this forum you have a image of stick people, I want to change my forums top image to something. where is the file i need to edit please. I have tried the exrension banner changer or what ever its called, i could not get it to work properly on phpbb v 3.3.12
Last edited by Mick on Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Solved.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Re: please help (logo change)

Post by warmweer »

dirtyjob wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:11 pm ok this has probably been said and i have searched but nothing has helped me yet, all i want to do is change the image on the top of my forum to a custom image, like up top on this forum you have a image of stick people, I want to change my forums top image to something. where is the file i need to edit please. I have tried the exrension banner changer or what ever its called, i could not get it to work properly on phpbb v 3.3.12
Extension banner changer? Please state which extension (version? link?) (also: whatever it's called ??? Surely the extension has a name.

Also: your topic title mentions logo but your post mentions banner
I assume you meant logo but in order to avoid irrelevant posts please give precise information (e.g. if it's an extension you're having problems with, then the extension support area would be a better place to request support). (specifically because the logo extension was validated for phpBB 3.3.11 and if it doesn't function as expected with 3.3.12, then that would be relevant information for the extension author)
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
ssl
Name: Fred Rimbert

Post by ssl »

I think he talk about header banner
dirtyjob wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:11 pm like up top on this forum you have a image of stick people
Sorry for my English ... I do my best!

phpBB: 3.3.12 | PHP: 8.3.7
[Kill spam on phpBB] - [Some French translation of extensions]
"Mistress, Mistress someone is bothering me in pm"
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

ssl wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:33 pm I think he talk about header banner
dirtyjob wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:11 pm like up top on this forum you have a image of stick people
Then it would be Header banner
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
dirtyjob

Post by dirtyjob »

warmweer wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:44 pm
ssl wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:33 pm I think he talk about header banner
Then it would be Header banner
yes that is exactly what i am referring to, thank you.

I have loaded and activated the Header Bannner extension and it does not seem to work with 3.3.12 as far as i could see, there must be a way to manually alter the file that is the header banner, where is that located ?
dirtyjob

Post by dirtyjob »

ok i have got it working now, thanks for the input. :)

Return to “[3.3.x] Styles Support & Discussion”