resigning as Team Leader

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

resigning as Team Leader

Post by Nuttzy99 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:54 pm

I am stepping down as Team Leader, relinquishing control, and doing what's best to keep the Team strong. Stepping down is unthinkable to some, but I feel maintaining a devoted and hardworking leadership will benefit the entire project.

I simply don't have the time any more to fulfill my duties. I tried to slog my way through it, but it's not happening. I thought this day might come, so for some time now, wGEric has unofficially been Team Leader in Training. He already has the respect of the MOD Team and the community. He's ready to hit the ground running and possesses all that is necessary to take the MOD'ing community to the next level. I see great things happening in the near future.

Looking back over my tenure as Team Leader, I am quite pleased with what we've accomplished. MODs are now being validated more quickly and more throughly than ever before. Long gone are the days prior to my leadership when the queue of MODs dated back six or more months and was emptied just to give a fresh start. Also gone are certain attitudes from the Team that could tick off MOD Authors and other MOD sites. No need to get into specifics there, we'll just leave it at "things are better now" ;)

I think the biggest accomplishment has been the empowerment of individual MOD Team members. By having trust in the Team members (and a good deal of looking over their shoulders :P ) we became a much stronger and productive team. It was also expected that members would burn-out from time to time. So keeping the team stocked with quality people able to make the time commitment was key. Of course it was equally important to thank burned out team members for their contributions since they definitely had a lasting effect on the community.

As for the future, Eric will take over today. This is my final post as MOD Team Leader. However, you're not quite lucky enough to get rid of me ;) I will be staying on the MOD Team in an advisory role. I'll have a front row seat to see all the great things Eric will lead the Team to do. I will also take a final shot at keeping up with my EasyMOD program.

Finally, I just want to thank everyone from the community. During my time, I don't think I've ever had a major blow out with anyone and I think you were all pretty good to me and my team. Much appreciated!

Looking forward to retirement!
-Nuttzy :cool:
SpellingCow.com - Free spell check service for your forums or any web form!
No Support via PM please!

Doe Ray Me

Post by Doe Ray Me » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:04 pm

Im so sorry to hear you are resigning, but still take care with what your planning to do now and i wish you the best :D

Wyr!H@x!mu$
Name: Cees-Jan

Post by Wyr!H@x!mu$ » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:07 pm

/me salutes Nuttzy99

Sorry to hear your resigning. But as they say all the good chooses are taken at the right time with the right reasons :).

Grtz,

WyriHaximus

A.I. BOT

Post by A.I. BOT » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:23 pm

Sorry to hear man, as long as whats best for you :)
wGEric has unofficially been Team Leader in Training.

Im sure we all have good faith in him :), he's a well focused individual who can meet his needs.

Thanks

wGEric
Former Team Member
Name: Eric Faerber

Post by wGEric » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:10 am

Thanks everyone.

Things should stay the same. I don't have any big changes planned.
Eric

TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost » Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:04 am

i can't think of much to say other than... i hope that whatever is eating away at your free time is, at the very least, something you enjoy and continue to enjoy :)

Kaser

Post by Kaser » Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:55 am

TerraFrost wrote: i can't think of much to say other than... i hope that whatever is eating away at your free time is, at the very least, something you enjoy and continue to enjoy :)

Halo 2.. cough..

mad-manne

Re: resigning as Team Leader

Post by mad-manne » Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:23 am

Nuttzy99 wrote: As for the future, Eric will take over today. .. / .. I will be staying on the MOD Team in an advisory role. I'll have a front row seat to see all the great things Eric will lead the Team to do. .. / ..
Finally, I just want to thank everyone from the community.
.. / ..
Looking forward to retirement!
Hi Nuttzy,
just like others before me: I want to express my thanks for your work on this community ...
Feels good to know, that you'll still be around in the future :P

And a big welcome to Eric as the new leader of the pack. :wink:

Cheers,
Manfred.
Try not. Do or do not. There is no try. (YODA)

Kanuck
Former Team Member

Post by Kanuck » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:17 am

wGEric wrote: Thanks everyone.

Things should stay the same. I don't have any big changes planned.

No waging war over semantics? Man, you guys are no fun! :(

Seriously, though, Nuttzy, it's been a fun ride, and you've definitely taken the MOD Team well into the realms of respectability and functionality. It's good to see you're still sticking around, but doing the right thing and letting somebody with the time grab those reins. Besides, fresh leadership always brings fresh ideas with it, and you still get to be part of it; you're in a good spot. :)
Kanuck
Former phpBB.com team member

Nuttzy99
Former Team Member

Post by Nuttzy99 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:14 pm

Thanks for the kind words, people :D Kanuck, you and I can have a war if that would be more entertaining :P

I'm quite pleased with what Eric has already been able to accomplish. It's nice to see things getting done! Makes me feel good about my choice.
Kaser wrote: Halo 2.. cough..
LOL! Having played with me, I think you know I probably need to free up more time than just this if I want to get really good ;)

SpellingCow.com - Free spell check service for your forums or any web form!
No Support via PM please!

darkassasin93

Post by darkassasin93 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:16 pm

God (or Gods, don't want to be religious.) Bless you Nuttzy99!
For your work on EasyMOD and the wonderful job you have done as team leader.
Last edited by darkassasin93 on Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

weters

Post by weters » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:58 pm

Ehh boring! You guys needed to add a little excitement here. Perhaps wGEric was groing impatient at being second in command and didn't like the direction of Nuttzy99. At his old age he was beginning to become weak and it was time for wGEric to attempt to overthrow Nuttzy99 as the alpha male and the leader of the pack.

Or not.

Good luck to the both of you.

Kinfule

Post by Kinfule » Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:23 am

Just to say you Nut, Good job :), good luck in your future projects

And Eric, I'm sure you will do a good job

MHobbit
Former Team Member

Post by MHobbit » Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:33 am

Salute to you, Nuttzy. I hope this means you'll work on EasyMOD more! :P

Congrats, wGEric! :)
Last edited by MHobbit on Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former phpBB MOD Team member
No private support is offered.
"There’s too many things to get done, and I’m running out of days..."

Kaser

Post by Kaser » Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:13 am

Nuttzy99 wrote:
Kaser wrote:Halo 2.. cough..
LOL! Having played with me, I think you know I probably need to free up more time than just this if I want to get really good ;)

Is it just me, or have you like.. never been online in the last month? you and biscuit both. Ever get past that part on legendary? I have questions and information to smooch off you two! I gotta get smart so I can do something with my life! lol.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Writers Discussion”