The two main features
of a MOD are "reputation points" (given by users to other users) and "warnings" (given by moderators or admins to users). Here's some details:
More details on reputation system
- Users can add or remove 1 point of someone's reputation at a time.
- There's also an option to have only positive reputation votes.
- When a user wants to change someone's reputation, he/she must (or not, depending on settings) refer to a post and post a short comment (review) on it so everyone can see his/her reasons (to prevent the misuse of reputation system, also, depending on settings).
- A user can refer to the same post only once.
- Users may edit their review (ability controlled in ACP)
- Moderators or administrators may delete a review (and a reputation change) if they find it untrue (ability controlled in ACP)
More details on warnings system
- Moderators and administrators may give warnings to users that violate the forum rules. A reason of the warning must
- The warning may but doesn't have to refer to a post since the post that was a reason of warning might be deleted (for this reason phpBB function 'delete_post()' was modified to delete references from the reviews as well) or even "non-post" warnings (depending on settings)
- The warning has an expire date set either by moderator or used the default one (controlled in ACP)
- Once a user gets certain amount of warnings (controlled in ACP) he/she's banned from the forum (for some time or forever, depending on settings)
- Moderators can ban user without issuing warnings (ability controlled in ACP)
- Users can notify moderators about post which they think violate forum rules
To have a better idea of what it all can do, take a look at the admin panel screenshot here
Download the latest version here!
The package included updates 0.1.0 -> 0.1.1
, 0.1.1 -> 0.1.2
, 0.1.2 -> 0.1.3
, 0.1.3 -> 0.1.4
, 0.1.4 -> 0.2.0
and 0.2.0 -> 0.2.1
After the install check your cache
folder and make sure it has all nesessary permissions for script to write into. If you don't have it then create it. Democracy MOD uses it to store some not-too-often modified data that would be otherwise queried from the database.
If you update from version 0.1.4, don't forget to use the maintenance button in the Democracy page of ACP in order to update your Democracy related db entries.
If you use board style with a dark background, try these thumbs pictures
, they should look better (thanks to Psi-Ops)
: Popup for moderators when some posts are reported. Read more here: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 46#2228946
: If you are using MOD "HIDE" (aka lockdown)
please read here: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 92#2181292
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 18#2316618
(imho this is more convenient)
: Some common recommendations for EasyMOD
users here: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 70#2575570