[2.0.17] Wikipedia Reference BBCode

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
77%
Very Good
15%
Good
No votes
Fair
8%
Poor
No votes

Total votes: 13

Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

[2.0.17] Wikipedia Reference BBCode

Post by Extensions Robot » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:53 pm

MOD Name: Wikipedia Reference BBCode
Author: paul.tgk
MOD Description: Allows you to make keywords in your post
link to those entries at WikiPedia.
(keyword) en being english,
Supports the following Wikipedia languages:
English (en), Deutsch (de), Francias (fr), Nederlands (nl),
Portugues (pt), Italiano (it), Espanol (es), Polski (pl)
Svenski (sv).

MOD Version: 1.0.43

Download File: wikiPedia_bbcode_1_0_43.mod
mods overview page: View
File Size: 10743 Bytes

Security Score: 0
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)

ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:05 am

MOD Validated/Released

Notes:
Using this MOD allows an additional Wiki bbcode to be used. Word enclosed with the bbcode is transformed into a link to Wikipedia.

slant

Post by slant » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:19 am

This is something I've been waiting for for a long time!! I got this as soon as I saw that it was available. I immediately started the implementation process only to get stuck on the first line. I could not find the following line at all in 'includes/bbcode.php':

Code: Select all

$EMBB_widths = array(''
I am using phpBB 2.0.15. Any thoughts? I'm willing to try anything! ;p I'm excited to get this working. Thanks for putting forth the effort to make this.

slant

Post by slant » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:45 am

<talks_to_self>Does the phrase "You must have Multiple BBCode MOD v1.4.0 or newer installed for this to work," mean anything to you?</talks_to_self>

Sheesh... I'm headed there now. Sorry to junk this thread up. It's called reading. I suppose that I've installed so many mods that didn't need any supplimental mods that required just line edits that I didn't even think to look.

paul7v7

Post by paul7v7 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:59 am

i too am stuck on the first line...

Mistainu

COMBO REQUEST?

Post by Mistainu » Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:49 pm

yup i'm fussy so...here's an idea. i searched up "wiki" under MODs, came up with only FOKI at first. it's still in BETA but i think it's a good idea. could someone come up with a integrated or bundled FOKI/Wikipedia-Ref MOD? i think it's a cool idea, like a in-house wiki for editability ridding of redundant additions; plus references for terms to a established wiki (Wikipedia in this case), which rids of redundant questions of what is and all that. i think by enforcing these 2, a more fertile forums can be grown (forgive my farming terms =D), thus ridding us of pesky noobs (ops newbies...)!
how's that? someone reply with a YES? :?

slant

Re: COMBO REQUEST?

Post by slant » Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:31 am

Mistainu wrote: someone reply with a YES? :?

YES?

;p

I think that could be very interesting! I'm just hoping we can get this working first. One step at a time, right?

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP » Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:43 am

Excellent Job!!! This MOD installed with only a few minor adjustments using EasyMod into my heavily modded board, which has 12 templates. This MOD works exactly as advertised. Thanks for your contribution paul.tgk..

:lol:

Serj21

Post by Serj21 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:06 pm

I like this mod, it gave me idea to adapt it to allow linking to my very own wiki but does anyone have any ideas how to make the links bold like standard links using the URL bbcode?

Serj21

Post by Serj21 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:27 pm

ah wasn't that hard. I just changed:

in bbcode.tpl

#
#-----[ OPEN ]---------------------------------------
#
open templates/subSilver/bbcode.tpl

#
#-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------------
#
<!-- BEGIN wiki --><a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/{QUERY}" target="_blank">{STRING}</a><!-- END wiki -->

#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]-------------------------------
#
<!-- BEGIN wiki --><a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/{QUERY}" target="_blank" class="postlink">{STRING}</a><!-- END wiki -->

Do the same for all the other links you might have in the file etc.

This worked fine for me so thought I would share it with others incase they want it

beggers

Post by beggers » Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:39 am

Does anyone else have any problems with this mod? I've installed it and checked it several times, yet the [wiki] tags fail to make a clickable link. Anyone have any suggestions?

I decided to make my own Wikipedia BBcode just as a test. This code works, although the search term sometimes needs to be in the correct upper/lowercase, such as "Beatles". So if this code works, why not the original mod? I am baffled.

Just for reference, my simple Wiki BBcode consisted of this (not meant to be a fully documented mod):

in bbcode.php add...

$bbcode_tpl['wiki'] = str_replace('{STRING}', '\\1', $bbcode_tpl['wiki']);

// [wiki]string for wiki[/wiki] code..
$patterns[] = "#\[wiki\](.*?)\[/wiki\]#si";
$replacements[] = $bbcode_tpl['wiki'];

in bbcode.tpl add...

<!-- BEGIN wiki --><a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/{STRING}" target="_blank" class="postlink">{STRING}</a><!-- END wiki -->

beggers

Post by beggers » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:45 am

Okay, I did get the original mod working but I had to insert the author's code in a different place.

However, the biggest drawback of this mod is that it only allows a single word to be sent to Wikipedia. This means that common multi-word searches like "John Lennon" or "gold coins" fail, despite the fact that the information is there.

Right now if I enter "strawberry fields forever" this mod builds the following link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/strawberry+fields+forever
The correct link would be:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/strawberry_fields_forever
If the search terms were connected with underscores, all the multi-word examples I mentioned would work. How about a fix for this?
Last edited by beggers on Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

guylon

Post by guylon » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:35 am

Yeah, this flaw is quite disturbing, anyone would offer something to fix this?

edit: since it's the limitation of urlencode, I guess you'll just have to input the wiki with "_" not spaces. Besides, Don_Juan is available in wiki but not Don_juan.

Serlio

Post by Serlio » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:55 am

I think I've solved the bug. You should replace, in includes/bbcode.php:

$bbcode_tpl['wiki'] = str_replace('{QUERY}', "' . urlencode(str_replace('\\\"', '\"', '\\1')) . '", $bbcode_tpl['wiki']);
by

$bbcode_tpl['wiki'] = str_replace('{QUERY}', "' . urlencode(str_replace(' ', '_', str_replace('\\\"', '\"', '\\1'))) . '", $bbcode_tpl['wiki']);
(there could be several lines including similar code depending on the number of languages for wikipedia you have included; you should make the corresponding change for each line).

beggers

Post by beggers » Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:55 am

Serlio, you are da man! It works great now. Thanks.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”