Registration Stopper

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
71%
Very Good
17%
Good
No votes
Fair
3%
Poor
9%

Total votes: 35

Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

Registration Stopper

Post by Extensions Robot »

Modification name: Registration Stopper
Author: Fountain of Apples
Modification description: Allows you to prevent additional registrations to your board if set in the ACP.
Modification version: 1.0.1
Tested on phpBB version: 2.0.19

Download file: registrationstopper_120a.zip
File size: 8276 Bytes

Modification overview page: View

Selected tags:
  1. category
    1. Add-Ons
  2. phpbb
    1. 2.0.19
    2. 2.0.22
Support for this modification needs to be asked within this topic. The phpBB Team is not responsible or required to give anyone support for this modification. By installing this MOD, you acknowledge that the phpBB Support Team or phpBB MODifications Team may not be able to provide support.

This MOD has only been tested by the phpBB MOD Team with the phpBB version listed in the topic. It may not work in any other versions of phpBB.
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)

ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 »

MOD Validated/Released

Notes:
This is a fairly simple MOD that allows admins to disable registration in control panel.

webmacster87
Former Team Member
Name: Douglas Bell

Post by webmacster87 »

Registration Stopper 1.2.0 Has Been Released!

Registration Stopper 1.2.0, the "Brother's 5th Grade Graduation" edition, has been released! This new version updates the interface of the General Configuration option to reflect the interface of this feature in phpBB3. The option is now integrated with the User Activation setting, so that you can choose activation to be Disabled/None/User/Admin, where Disabled will deactivate registrations. Everything else about the MOD is the same, however. In addition, the new version includes the new MODX Template, integration with Advanced Version Check 3, and updated Author Notes and Contact Info.

Registration Stopper 1.2.0a has now been approved by the MOD Team and is available above for download. They have alerted me to some minor issues with the MOD template that will be fixed in an upcoming repackage (1.2.0b), however there are no problems with the code itself, so you can now feel free to download knowing that the MOD team has given it a seal of approval! :)
About Registration Stopper
Again, this is a simple MOD that blocks registrations from your board. This MOD has been done a few times by various people, but none of those MODs are here on phpBB.com. Basically, you go into the ACP, and at the "User activation" option, choose Disabled. When this is set, the registration link is hidden, and if a user tries to go to http://www.yourdomain.com/phpBB2/profil ... e=register they get an error message saying that registrations have been disabled. Registered users are not affected, and can still edit their profiles normally.

This MOD is a must-have for, say, a demo board, in order to keep it from getting flooded, and keeping it just for demos. If you want to have a board where only administrators can invite new users, this MOD works very well in conjunction with my ACP User Registration MOD.

Screenshots!!!
The User Activation setting in the General Configuration can now be set to disabled:
Screenshot 1

When it's set to disabled, the Register link no longer shows up when logged out:
Screenshot 2

If a user tries to brute-force their way to the registration page, they get this little love note: ;)
Screenshot 3

What about phpBB3?
The feature to disable registrations is built into phpBB3! Obviously, this MOD will only be maintained for phpBB2. ;)

Support
Support is ONLY offered in this thread. Do NOT contact me via any other method for support for this MOD. You can find out more about this MOD at the Fountain of Apples phpBB MODs website.

Thanks, and enjoy Registration Stopper!
Last edited by webmacster87 on Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:22 am, edited 11 times in total.

3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

* planned to be a question *

EDIT: good job, i'll use it. Thanks.
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx.
Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user
Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
:studio_microphone: Premium extensions @ The Studio

Mr. Regulator

Post by Mr. Regulator »

#
#-----[ SQL ]------------------------------------------
#
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` VALUES ('registrations_accept', '1');
#

^^Is this lacking additional information or am just having a brain fart?^^

webmacster87
Former Team Member

Post by webmacster87 »

What exactly is the problem? You do the SQL query, and continue with installing the MOD.

Mr. Regulator

Post by Mr. Regulator »

The problem is I believe is I added ('registrations_accept', '1'); in mysql under phpbb_config. Though it was lacking the type. and continued with the installation. Everything looked ok until I went back to the ACP and found that it defaulted to disabled. I then enabled it, saved the settings and it defaulted back to disable again.

After I was unable to to try to fix/tweek the codes for ,php .tpl I was able to revert back to my default settings, thus uninstalled the mod.

Apparently the mod isnt EM compliant because it didnt pick it up in the install, therefore it was a manual install.

Untill phpbb I knew nothing of editing .php files, much less .tpl, and still to this day, I know little about it. My profession is .htm/html so Im about as dumb as a sack of bricks, this includes mysql as well. So when/if you reply to this post, please dont leave out any details that might help me, for I am a noob on this.

Thanks for your help and submission. Im sure it is a great program

webmacster87
Former Team Member

Post by webmacster87 »

I don't know why it's not showing up in EM, it worked fine for me and the MOD Team.

As for your problem, it seems that you have an error in your admin/admin_board.php. Make sure that this:

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
$disable_board_no = ( !$new['board_disable'] ) ? "checked=\"checked\"" : "";
#
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]--------------------------------------------
#

// MOD: Registration Stopper
$registrations_enable_yes = ( $new['registrations_accept'] ) ? "checked=\"checked\"" : "";
$registrations_enable_no = ( !$new['registrations_accept'] ) ? "checked=\"checked\"" : "";
// END MOD: Registration Stopper
was done correctly.

Mr. Regulator

Post by Mr. Regulator »

And what about the sql entry?

I dont know why EM is not picking it up either, could it be that when I pull it up in notepad it looks like this:

This is the first set of instructions that has came across this way. I will have to reinstall it later, due for a meeting in about two hours. The last install took me an hour and a half, no pun inteded on your 5 minute install notes :lol:

badboy4ever

Post by badboy4ever »

Normaly that happens when somone wrote install.txt in Microsoft word or another rich text editor if it comes out like that I open it in Microsoft word but easymod should still understand it. Its a computer after all it can understand crap.

(not saying script crap, saying how humans might find it hard to read :) )

ryan0204

Post by ryan0204 »

you're right about easymod not reading because of the format of the file, I had the same problem. Open install.txt up in wordpad, select all and copy it, then open up notepad and paste in the text and save the notepad file as install.txt. I did that and easymod installed it just fine.

A few suggestions for the mod, it would be nice if you had the option to leave the registration link but display a customized message when its clicked. So you could let the users know that registrations are temporarily disabled for a few days or whatever the reason.

bonelifer
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: William

Post by bonelifer »

Actually it's simpler than that. Just open it in Wordpad and hit the save button at the top. Since WordPad will automatically save as plaintext this will fix it in less steps.
Knowledge Base | phpBB Board Rules | Search Customisation Database
Please don't contact me via PM or email for phpBB support .

Mr. Regulator

Post by Mr. Regulator »

Yea, Actually I had to post reply to this topic pasted the text and when I went to preview it, it came out alright. Thanks for the help and I reinstalled it via EM and it worked great. Thanks again for the mod AND help

Regulator

webmacster87
Former Team Member

Post by webmacster87 »

I don't use Notepad, mostly because I use Mac. ;) No one has had these problems with my MODs before, however, and the MOD Team didn't seem to have a problem with it. :?

Mr. Regulator

Post by Mr. Regulator »

Fountain of Apples wrote: I don't use Notepad, mostly because I use Mac. ;) No one has had these problems with my MODs before, however, and the MOD Team didn't seem to have a problem with it. :?

Theres nothing wrong with the mod, just the way it was wrote in the txt file, because EM couldnt pick it up, thats all. Your mod works just fine and will be using it in the future. Thanks again for this release!

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”