What EasyMOD Move method do you use?

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.

Copy
48%
Automated FTP
33%
Execute Script
10%
Manually Load
10%

Total votes: 42

wGEric
Former Team Member
Name: Eric Faerber

Post by wGEric » Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:01 pm

Trying to get some stats on what people are currently using with EasyMOD. Posting here because there is more traffic here than at area51.

If you use Manually Load or Execute script, I would like to know why. Is it because you don't have FTP access or server access? If EasyMOD had SFTP or SSH as methods, would you use those instead?
Last edited by wGEric on Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eric

simulationcity

Post by simulationcity » Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:47 am

I don't undersgtand what any of those mean so I'll say myself:

I have Easymod insert the nessisary code and MySQL Code(?) automatically.

msr2

Post by msr2 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:49 am

simulationcity wrote: I don't undersgtand what any of those mean so I'll say myself:

I have Easymod insert the nessisary code and MySQL Code(?) automatically.

ditto

smithy_dll
Former Team Member
Name: Lachlan Smith

Post by smithy_dll » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:15 am

If you do not understand, do not worry, you can ignore the poll. (best if you do and not vote in randomly for the sake of)

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:39 am

I'm slightly embarrassed to answer (although I did :P), as I use easyMOD only on local environnement, and use regular ftp client and phpMyAdmin to upload the result after the test stage. As I'm not sure of the aim of these polls, maybe something to consider ?

wGEric
Former Team Member
Name: Eric Faerber

Post by wGEric » Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:27 pm

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: I'm slightly embarrassed to answer (although I did :P), as I use easyMOD only on local environnement, and use regular ftp client and phpMyAdmin to upload the result after the test stage. As I'm not sure of the aim of these polls, maybe something to consider ?

Server is what I am looking for then. What method you use when you are using EasyMOD to make the code changes is what I want to know.
Eric

phantomk
Name: Daniel Lee

Post by phantomk » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:34 pm

Option 5: Manually edit and Manually Upload :)

Perhaps EasyMod should automatically disable the board whenever a modification is being run through the script ? Not sure if it does that now or not.

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:30 am

> wGEric : ... so I have answered correctly ;).

Riamus

Post by Riamus » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:13 pm

Not really sure which one this fits under...

When I use Easymod (happening less often as my number of mods are getting to be too high for it to work well), I usually comment out the COPY/MOVE commands from the mod and manually upload those to the appropriate folders. The reason I do this is because I've encountered many mods where I just get an error stating the files can't be moved. Usually because the mod is written such that the files are being copied to the same place they are rather than to the correct location. Many work fine, but it's just easier for me to ignore the COPY/MOVE commands and just upload appropriately. Except for really large mods, most don't have too many files that this is difficult to do.

I also tend to remove any lines that Easymod can't handle and do those manually if I'm using Easymod.

If we're talking about upgrading Easymod, it would be very useful to have it not fail completely when something doesn't work when updating the files (not the database). Instead of failing just because it can't find a line, it would be useful to have it write out a list of the failed sections into another file and continue on. Then, a person can manually do those lines. :)

*EDIT* Well, I went into settings and figured out what you were talking about. I use automated FTP and have voted as such. I also did the vote on the other one (buffer/ftp). I think I just used default settings when installing Easymod.
Kakkoii Translation Team
格好いい 翻訳

cYbercOsmOnauT
Name: Tekin Birdüzen

Post by cYbercOsmOnauT » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:29 pm

I use the FTP-Method but...

Dunno why but I often get "login error" from easymod even if the saved ftp-password is right. I always have to set the password again to make easymod run correctly.
phpBB-installation and reparation. Prof. PHP coding with function guarantee. Just contact me at: t.birduezen@web-coding.eu.
Ex-German Support Team Member | phpBB Development Environment

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Writers Discussion”